/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Immune (conclusion)
Posted By: REBDate: 6/29/03 11:38 a.m.

In Response To: Immune (continued) (REB)

(continued from previous post)

We went to the terminal and I asked Leela if she had any information regarding a device called phone, similar to a cellphone.

"You mean a telephone?" Leela asked.

"Yeah!" answered Magik before I could say anything.

A few seconds later, I finally learned what was a phone.

"The only place you'll find one of those things is in a museum back in the Solar System," I told Magik.

"Is there any way we can build a phone?"

I asked Leela to create a program that emulated a phone. Leela explained to me she was going to simulate an entire telephone network so we can make and receive calls, and that was going to take her a while (in Leela's term, that's about 15 seconds.) Magik's cellphone produced a strange sound and she talked to it.

"Loop? Thank God! Yeah, I know. I found a potential and he's working on an exit right now. You got to see what this old man can do against an agent. He... What?! Oh, no!"

Once again, she started to cry.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be strong," she said, wiping away the tears; although she kept weeping. "See? I'm not crying anymore..." She smiled. What a beautiful smile! "Thanks, Loop. I, I'll be back as soon as I can. Are you sure we can't make a stop first and free this man? I know we don't have time, but we need all the help with can get and you gotta belive me... No, no. It's OK. I understand."

"Telephone System Emulator compiled and running," said Leela. "Do you wish to make a call?"

Magik put down the cellphone and gave me a shy smile.

"Bad news, huh?" I said.

"The machines are drilling a hole to get into Zion and me and my comrades must return right away to fight them off."

"U-hu" I replied. I didn't belive a word she said.

"Hey, I promise you once this thing is over I'll come back and take you to the real world. Just hold on until I return."

"Don't worry about me."

The terminal began to produce this horrible, metallic sound that drilled my ears.

"Incoming telephone call," said Leela. "Press return to answer."

Magik was about to press the key, when she turned to me and said: "You know something? Fuck what Loop and the others say!! This won't be the best way to do this, but once you're dumped into the sewers, there's no way they'll refuse to pick you up before returning to Zion. Here, take this red pill, it will..."

"Oh, no! No more pills!"

"We don't have time for this! You're gonna have to trust me."

She put the red pill in my hand. It looked exactly like the other pill. I closed my fist around it and trowed it away. The pill fall on the edge of the lava river.

"Nooo!!" screamed Magik and ran to retrieve it.

The cryo-chamber opened up and the battleroid jumped out, crossing the lava river and landing between Magik and me. He wasn't wearing his military uniform, he was dressed like a man of the XXI century. Why?

Magik looked at him, terrified. The battleroid, giving me his back, cleaned his antique clothes with his hands.

I couldn't stand the metallic sound anymore, so I extended my hand to press the return key. Magik said to me: "The gun! It's on the floor, next to you. Pass it to me and get the hell outta here!!"

But it was too late: I was pressing the return key by then.

Everything faded away and when I woke up, I was lying on a really old chair. Next to me, in front an even older computer terminal, two men dressed in rags argued.

"Are you sure the system is not screwed up?" said the fat one.

"I'm telling ya captain," answered the other one, a one-eye man, "when the old timer picked up the phone, he was sucked up into Magik's body and she was left orphaned in the Matrix."

He pointed at me.

"That means that woman over there is not Magik, it's the old timer wearing Magik's body. Magik is trapped in the Matrix with the agent and no body to return to."

"Who are you? What's going on?" I asked. "What is this place?"

That's when I noticed two things: One, I didn't feel sick and tired anymore. And two, now I had breasts!

"Wait a minute! Maybe if we plug him back into the Matrix, he and Magik could switch back," said the one-eye man.

"But that would kill him," replied the fat man.

"So?" said the one-eye man.

An alarm sounded.

"Sentinels!" said the fat man. "We must go."

"What about Magik?" asked the one-eye man.

"Pray that she won't suffer much when the agent kills her."

TO BE CONCLUDED...

The final version of this story is available at http://bighouse.bungie.org/m1/

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Fan Fiction: ImmuneREB 6/26/03 12:35 p.m.
     Re: Fan Fiction: Immuneukimalefu 6/26/03 12:45 p.m.
     Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneVaxuum BOB 6/26/03 1:56 p.m.
           Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneBlacksmith 6/26/03 4:24 p.m.
                 Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneVaxuum BOB 6/29/03 12:23 a.m.
           Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneREB 6/27/03 9:14 a.m.
                 Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneScifiteki 6/27/03 5:06 p.m.
                       Re: Fan Fiction: Immuneukimalefu 6/27/03 7:49 p.m.
                             Re: Fan Fiction: ImmuneREB 6/28/03 5:58 a.m.
     Immune (continued)REB 6/27/03 9:13 a.m.
           There is no PfhorHamish Sinclair 6/27/03 11:00 a.m.
           Immune (continued)REB 6/28/03 5:56 a.m.
                 A CONTEST of sorts! Design a new template pageErnie 6/28/03 7:34 a.m.
                       Mad Ideas, no talent.Vaxuum BOB 6/29/03 12:50 a.m.
                             Re: Mad Ideas, no talent.Johannes Gunnar 6/29/03 2:24 a.m.
                                   Re: Mad Ideas, no talent.Vaxuum BOB 6/29/03 3:19 a.m.
                                         Re: Mad Ideas, no talent.Johannes Gunnar 6/29/03 6:23 a.m.
                                   Re: Mad Ideas, no talent.Gholsbane 6/29/03 5:55 a.m.
                       Re: Calm DownREB 6/29/03 11:42 a.m.
                             Re: Calm DownErnie 6/29/03 3:17 p.m.
                                   Re: Calm DownGholsbane 6/30/03 3:51 a.m.
                 Re: Immune (conclusion)REB 6/29/03 11:38 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.