/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon Eternal X 1.2.1
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 11/9/21 11:11 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon Eternal X 1.2.1 (Lion O Cyborg)

Question: Is there a way to re-enable the precipitation effects? They're one of my favourite parts of 1.2. If not, can we get it back in 1.3? The 1.2.1 beta had it.

I just looked up the thing about the save game bug being the reason it was taken out, which is OK if we do the 1.2.0 thing and use precip as a separate copy of the WAD (sceA) file as I personally didn't get this glitch, but the separate merged map means those who do get it are less likely to if they use the default one.

The closest I came to having that bug was when after fixing the broken Hathor terminal in The Ensurance Trap, Eternal 1.2.0 reset the map to the one without the precipitation, forcing me to scratch start The Incredible Hulk when I wrote the Tour of Duty (this was 2019 when it was actually written).

That said, I do look forward to the future build that adds it back in, whenever that is. Especially if it uses the less janky method of implementing rain I saw mentioned.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Eternal X 1.2.1 *LINK*Aaron Freed 11/8/21 12:23 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Eternal X 1.2.1Lion O Cyborg 11/9/21 10:00 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Eternal X 1.2.1Lion O Cyborg 11/9/21 11:11 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon Eternal X 1.2.1Aaron Freed 11/9/21 2:36 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Eternal X 1.2.1Lion O Cyborg 11/14/21 11:27 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.