/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)
Posted By: AntarcticoDate: 7/31/13 1:50 p.m.

In Response To: Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie) (treellama)

: Any chance you *can* test this on different difficulties?

I just did. My previous back and forth between Marathon and the beta was done on Total Carnage (sorry I did not mention this in my post). Please note, there is no external Physics Model file in my Mac Marathon game folder, the game is running from its internal PM.

Anyway, I just tested this in the original Marathon on all difficulty levels, and the Jug's Warp-pedos, at Kindergarten, Easy, and Normal difficulties, worked close enough to the ones in the beta for me to not be able to tell any obvious differences between the two. When I switched Marathon to Major Damage or Total Carnage, the exaggerated random launch angles returned, with Warp-pedos at times flying off in different directions or crossing in an "X" over the Jug, or occasionally flying into the ceiling, or sometimes auguring into the floor (the exaggerated random launch angle seems to be the cause of the "heavy" Warp-pedos). I went through all the difficulty levels with all the Jugs scattered through the map, and I am 100% certain I am seeing what I am seeing.

So, as weird as this seems, I have apparently discovered a problem with Marathon v1.2, and not the beta. Should I report this to Jason? All in all, pretty strange.

Regarding the jiggling when in flight, at full screen and with a good hard squint, the Warp-pedos do jiggle slightly. This is probably just a difference in clarity between original software rendering vs. modern Open GL rendering.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Try Again -- The MovieAntarctico 7/30/13 6:29 p.m.
     Re: Try Again -- The MovieGodot 7/31/13 12:30 a.m.
           Re: Try Again -- The MovieAntarctico 7/31/13 7:31 a.m.
                 Re: Try Again -- The MovieGodot 7/31/13 7:56 a.m.
                       Re: Try Again -- The MovieAntarctico 7/31/13 8:06 a.m.
                             Re: Try Again -- The MovieGodot 7/31/13 8:24 a.m.
                                   Re: Try Again -- The MovieAntarctico 7/31/13 8:32 a.m.
                 Re: Try Again -- The Movietreellama 7/31/13 8:03 a.m.
                       Re: Try Again -- The MovieAntarctico 7/31/13 8:13 a.m.
                             Re: Try Again -- The MovieGodot 7/31/13 8:15 a.m.
                       Re: Try Again -- The MovieDocument 8/1/13 5:27 a.m.
                             Re: Try Again -- The Movietreellama 8/1/13 6:40 a.m.
                 Re: Try Again -- The Movietreellama 7/31/13 8:04 a.m.
                       Re: Try Again -- The MovieAntarctico 7/31/13 8:33 a.m.
                 Re: Try Again -- The MovieGodot 7/31/13 8:13 a.m.
                       Re: Try Again -- The MovieAntarctico 7/31/13 8:24 a.m.
                             Re: Try Again -- The MovieGodot 7/31/13 8:34 a.m.
                                   By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Antarctico 7/31/13 11:27 a.m.
                                         Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)treellama 7/31/13 11:38 a.m.
                                               Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)treellama 7/31/13 11:40 a.m.
                                                     Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Antarctico 7/31/13 1:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)treellama 7/31/13 3:13 p.m.
                                                                 Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Antarctico 7/31/13 3:37 p.m.
                                                                       Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)jonny 7/31/13 5:37 p.m.
                                                                             Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Antarctico 7/31/13 7:16 p.m.
                                                                 Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)PerseusSpartacus 7/31/13 4:39 p.m.
                                                                 Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Godot 7/31/13 10:53 p.m.
                                         Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Godot 7/31/13 12:19 p.m.
                                               Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Godot 8/1/13 1:57 a.m.
                                                     Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Antarctico 8/1/13 2:33 a.m.
                                                           Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Godot 8/1/13 2:40 a.m.
                                                                 Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Antarctico 8/1/13 3:12 a.m.
                                                                       Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Godot 8/1/13 3:31 a.m.
                                                                             Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Dr. John Sumner 8/1/13 4:58 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Godot 8/1/13 5:14 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: By Your Command (was: Try Again -- The Movie)Antarctico 8/1/13 8:46 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.