/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Update
Posted By: PerseusSpartacusDate: 3/24/13 9:15 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Update (BOBbingForApples)

Okay, I actually think I've got an idea of what's going on here. The trouble is just with the Shapes file. For some reason, the game must not be loading the proper Shapes file, so when the Physics file tells it to load sequence 30 of the 'Explosion Effects' collection (a sequence that doesn't exist in a normal Shapes file), the game can't find any such sequence, and so the game does not display the explosion.

At the same time, sequence 30 of the 'Explosion Effects' collection is what specifies the explosion sound of the grenade (which should really be the same as a rocket exploding), so because the game fails to load that sequence, it won't know what sound to play, and as such it won't play a sound at all.

While I do not know why the game would fail to load the Shapes file properly, I can say that that must be the issue. So, the question arises, did you do anything unusual with the 'Realism Pack - Shapes' file?

Vale,
Perseus

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Realism Pack v1.0 *LINK*PerseusSpartacus 2/25/13 4:13 p.m.
     Update *LINK*PerseusSpartacus 3/1/13 3:27 p.m.
           Re: UpdateBOBbingForApples 3/16/13 12:24 a.m.
                 Re: UpdatePerseusSpartacus 3/16/13 12:47 a.m.
                       Re: UpdateBOBbingForApples 3/21/13 6:39 p.m.
                             Re: UpdatePerseusSpartacus 3/21/13 8:50 p.m.
                                   Re: UpdateBob-B-Q 3/22/13 11:18 a.m.
                                   Re: UpdateBOBbingForApples 3/23/13 5:09 p.m.
                                         Re: UpdatePerseusSpartacus 3/23/13 7:42 p.m.
                                               Re: UpdateBOBbingForApples 3/23/13 8:37 p.m.
                                                     Re: UpdatePerseusSpartacus 3/24/13 9:06 a.m.
                                                     Re: UpdatePerseusSpartacus 3/24/13 9:15 a.m.
                                                           Re: UpdateBOBbingForApples 3/24/13 10:21 p.m.
                                                                 Re: UpdatePerseusSpartacus 3/24/13 11:04 p.m.
                             Re: Updatetreellama 3/22/13 3:29 a.m.
                                   Re: UpdatePerseusSpartacus 3/22/13 7:16 p.m.
                                         Re: Updatetreellama 3/23/13 2:25 a.m.
                                               Re: UpdatePerseusSpartacus 3/23/13 9:32 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.