/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive Update
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 2/2/06 1:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive Update (Andrew Nagy)

: Wait, what? If any Lh'owon survivors had made it back to Earth in Eternal,
: wouldn't they already know about the ten cyborgs, so there'd be no need
: for Leela's message?

But does Blake necessarily know that the player is a cyborg, or does he just that we are uber-1337? Remember, the cyborgs were assimilated into the midsts of the colonists, who probably just thought them ordinary people.

You do raise an interesting point, though. And in fact, I never specified if Blake or his men made it back to Earth or what; it's a long trip from Lh'owon back home, half a galaxy away, and I had them encounter Leela at the Vylae system along the way. Leela eventually made it back to Earth just in time to stall S'bhuth's rampage, but who knows what became of Blake and co between when they left the Vylae system with Leela, and when the Pfhor War ended?

Actually now that I think about it, I did write something in the prologue about Blake's account being used to track down the player. The prologue is in a chapter screen though, and I'm at work so I shouldn't be digging it up off the server (if it's even on there, besides in the map file). I think they figured out that the missing tenth cyborg was Mr. Uber who Blake spoke of, but that Blake hadn't specifically said (or known) that said person at Lh'owon was a cyborg. But I'll look that up and make sure everything is consistent. Thanks for pointing that out.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

:: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateBlayne 1/29/06 11:08 p.m.
     Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateAndrew Nagy (school) 1/30/06 4:53 a.m.
           Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateAndrew Nagy (school) 1/30/06 8:10 a.m.
                 :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateBlayne 1/30/06 12:05 p.m.
                       Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateForrest of B.org 1/30/06 3:21 p.m.
                             Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateAndrew Nagy 1/31/06 6:05 p.m.
                                   Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateForrest of B.org 2/2/06 1:56 p.m.
                       Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateAndrew Nagy 1/30/06 5:12 p.m.
                             Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateAndrew Nagy 1/31/06 6:11 p.m.
     Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateEnder 1/31/06 12:15 p.m.
           Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateSteve Levinson 1/31/06 2:32 p.m.
                 Interesting... *NM*Blayne 2/1/06 6:10 a.m.
           Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateEnder 2/14/06 12:06 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.