/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive Update
Posted By: Andrew NagyDate: 1/30/06 5:12 p.m.

In Response To: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive Update (Blayne)

: It's possible that my understanding of Marathon 2 and Infinity have become
: warped from writing my own stuff, and playing 3rd party scenarios but:
: Couldn't Blake have simply escaped in some similar set of events before
: the player was sent to the Jjaro containment station? From there,
: Thoth-Durandal and the Marine activate the station, and the W'kkr never
: tastes sweet freedom in this timeline. One that, by being the final result
: of M2/Infinity leads into WMaiD, Rubicon, and whatever else follows?

By "the Jjaro containment station" you mean Aye Mak Sicur specifically? At that point, the last we'd heard of the Bobs was 4 levels ago; when there were 600 still fighting and 400 already being shipped off to Gr'ndl Prime.

I find it highly improbable that either group could have escaped and taken over an entire ship on their own; Tfear seemed pretty certain of success. Even if they did, they definitely wouldn't find it already cleared out by the player. The only way that text fits is if there was another cyborg never mentioned or alluded to in the game.

Otherwise, I guess the assumption is that after Aye Mak Sicur, our next task is to team up with the S'pht'Kr and rescue the 1000 Bobs; but under circumstances completely different from the M2 Final Screen.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

:: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateBlayne 1/29/06 11:08 p.m.
     Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateAndrew Nagy (school) 1/30/06 4:53 a.m.
           Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateAndrew Nagy (school) 1/30/06 8:10 a.m.
                 :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateBlayne 1/30/06 12:05 p.m.
                       Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateForrest of B.org 1/30/06 3:21 p.m.
                             Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateAndrew Nagy 1/31/06 6:05 p.m.
                                   Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateForrest of B.org 2/2/06 1:56 p.m.
                       Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateAndrew Nagy 1/30/06 5:12 p.m.
                             Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateAndrew Nagy 1/31/06 6:11 p.m.
     Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateEnder 1/31/06 12:15 p.m.
           Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateSteve Levinson 1/31/06 2:32 p.m.
                 Interesting... *NM*Blayne 2/1/06 6:10 a.m.
           Re: :: Marathon Fan Fiction Archive UpdateEnder 2/14/06 12:06 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.