/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Durandal and Dangi
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 2/1/05 7:28 p.m.

In Response To: Durandal and Dangi (rampancy)

: I thought the little lingering message Lysander gives you played on
: the issue of Durandal and the Dangi scientists perfectly. But I wouldn't
: think Durandal to be the kind of person who'd enact mass genocide.

That's exactly the way I view it, too, but I have not doubt that Durandal would release Achilles if he thought it might help him to escape the closure. I'd rather not have any knowledge of Achilles left at the end of the day, which means killing Lysander, destroying all copies of the virus and probably killing all the Dangi scientists, too.

: My only question is why we'd want to help Tycho out in the first place. Sure,
: Tycho gives us the offer, but what possible reason would we have to take
: it up?

Why did we follow Tycho in the end in Infinity? Because following and then betraying Tycho was the only result that ultimately prevented the Wr'kr's release. In Rubicon you can probably guess at which points in the Salinger and Pfhor Planks Tycho will give us a chance to take him up on his offer. He's planted seeds of doubt as to Durandal's true motives. In the Tycho plank we'll let that doubt flourish, but not without a plan - if I get my way, that is.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Not Enough Hulk!TwelveMotion 1/31/05 1:30 p.m.
     Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 4:07 p.m.
           Re: Not Enough Hulk!tcm 1/31/05 5:00 p.m.
                 Re: Not Enough Hulk!rampancy 1/31/05 6:44 p.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!tcm 1/31/05 7:20 p.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!Lance Kerensky 1/31/05 8:01 p.m.
           Re: Not Enough Hulk!TwelveMotion 1/31/05 6:28 p.m.
                 Re: Not Enough Hulk!Ori 1/31/05 7:55 p.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 8:11 p.m.
                             Re: Not Enough Hulk!blake37 2/1/05 2:55 a.m.
                 Re: Not Enough Hulk!RyokoTK 2/1/05 3:34 a.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 2/1/05 3:42 a.m.
                             Re: Not Enough Hulk!TwelveMotion 2/1/05 4:07 a.m.
                                   Re: Not Enough Hulk!D-M.A. 2/1/05 4:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 2/1/05 4:27 a.m.
                                         Re: Not Enough Hulk!Tyler 2/1/05 8:53 a.m.
                                               Re: Not Enough Hulk!RyokoTK 2/1/05 12:13 p.m.
                                         Re: Not Enough Hulk!rampancy 2/1/05 1:19 p.m.
                                               Re: Not Enough Hulk!blake37 2/1/05 1:23 p.m.
                                                     Re: Not Enough Hulk!ukimalefu 2/1/05 3:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Not Enough Hulk!blake37 2/1/05 3:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 2/1/05 3:37 p.m.
                                                     Durandal and Dangirampancy 2/1/05 4:20 p.m.
                                                           Re: Durandal and DangiSteve Levinson 2/1/05 7:28 p.m.
                                         Re: Not Enough Hulk!rampancy 2/1/05 4:29 p.m.
                                               mehForrest of B.org 2/1/05 7:07 p.m.
                                                     Re: mehSteve Levinson 2/1/05 7:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: mehRyokoTK 2/2/05 1:53 p.m.
                                                                 Re: mehForrest of B.org 2/2/05 2:06 p.m.
                                                                       Re: mehRyokoTK 2/2/05 2:16 p.m.
                                                                             Re: mehSteve Levinson 2/2/05 4:11 p.m.
                                                                             Re: mehSimon of team Sigma 2/3/05 7:00 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: mehRyokoTK 2/3/05 12:57 p.m.
                                                     Re: mehrampancy 2/2/05 1:19 p.m.
                                                     Re: mehblake37 2/2/05 1:48 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.