/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: meh
Posted By: rampancyDate: 2/2/05 1:19 p.m.

In Response To: meh (Forrest of B.org)

: And yet now, Chimera was released to rave reviews and everybody still loves
: it four years later, while four years later I'm just now getting to a
: stage where Eternal is almost beta-quality. Most everything in it will
: need to be redone before it's through. Once again I'm 90% finished and
: realize how much utter shit it all is. I think the difference is very
: simple - Chris and Scott have talent. I don't, and never will, if history
: is any indicator. I've had eight years to pick up the skills that some
: people pick up in one, and I don't think a million more will ever change
: that.

I really think you don't give yourself enough credit, Forrest. 90% finished is 90% more than most of the other scenarios that have risen with a flourish only to fade away into obscurity. I think of Pfhorathon, SC Cartell, Flatline, Quantumire, and Leviathan -- all incredibly promising scenarios that all had so much going for them -- and then there were the really stellar ones, like Muerte Machine/Carlos on the Run, Return to Marathon, The Classified 19, Killing Time, and one that I still miss sorely, Solace.

It says a lot about you that you've pushed on this far after all of this. You had the brass to do something that really, only a few true Marathon fans ever do, and in that respect, I think you've succeeded.

I don't want to go all mushy, but I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say that I look forward to seeing Eternal X take its rightful beside EVIL, Tempus Irae, Rubicon X, EMR X, Pfh'Joueur, and Dissent; I'd hate to group Eternal X with MM, TC19, RtM, and Solace as scenarios that almost made it, but didn't.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Not Enough Hulk!TwelveMotion 1/31/05 1:30 p.m.
     Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 4:07 p.m.
           Re: Not Enough Hulk!tcm 1/31/05 5:00 p.m.
                 Re: Not Enough Hulk!rampancy 1/31/05 6:44 p.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!tcm 1/31/05 7:20 p.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!Lance Kerensky 1/31/05 8:01 p.m.
           Re: Not Enough Hulk!TwelveMotion 1/31/05 6:28 p.m.
                 Re: Not Enough Hulk!Ori 1/31/05 7:55 p.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 8:11 p.m.
                             Re: Not Enough Hulk!blake37 2/1/05 2:55 a.m.
                 Re: Not Enough Hulk!RyokoTK 2/1/05 3:34 a.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 2/1/05 3:42 a.m.
                             Re: Not Enough Hulk!TwelveMotion 2/1/05 4:07 a.m.
                                   Re: Not Enough Hulk!D-M.A. 2/1/05 4:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 2/1/05 4:27 a.m.
                                         Re: Not Enough Hulk!Tyler 2/1/05 8:53 a.m.
                                               Re: Not Enough Hulk!RyokoTK 2/1/05 12:13 p.m.
                                         Re: Not Enough Hulk!rampancy 2/1/05 1:19 p.m.
                                               Re: Not Enough Hulk!blake37 2/1/05 1:23 p.m.
                                                     Re: Not Enough Hulk!ukimalefu 2/1/05 3:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Not Enough Hulk!blake37 2/1/05 3:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 2/1/05 3:37 p.m.
                                                     Durandal and Dangirampancy 2/1/05 4:20 p.m.
                                                           Re: Durandal and DangiSteve Levinson 2/1/05 7:28 p.m.
                                         Re: Not Enough Hulk!rampancy 2/1/05 4:29 p.m.
                                               mehForrest of B.org 2/1/05 7:07 p.m.
                                                     Re: mehSteve Levinson 2/1/05 7:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: mehRyokoTK 2/2/05 1:53 p.m.
                                                                 Re: mehForrest of B.org 2/2/05 2:06 p.m.
                                                                       Re: mehRyokoTK 2/2/05 2:16 p.m.
                                                                             Re: mehSteve Levinson 2/2/05 4:11 p.m.
                                                                             Re: mehSimon of team Sigma 2/3/05 7:00 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: mehRyokoTK 2/3/05 12:57 p.m.
                                                     Re: mehrampancy 2/2/05 1:19 p.m.
                                                     Re: mehblake37 2/2/05 1:48 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.