/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Durandal and Dangi
Posted By: rampancyDate: 2/1/05 4:20 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Not Enough Hulk! (Steve Levinson)

: The Chimera textures he did, however, are incredibly kick-ass. At
: this point it's Chris whose pressing the project forward. He's already
: completed some new levels and is well into working on the Tycho plank.
: He's just waiting for more textures.

Coming from you then, it sounds like the Rubicon X textures are really going to blow our minds. Makes part of me wonder what Randall Shaw and the other naysayers back in the alt.games.marathon days are going to say when they see them...

: As much as I don't want to see the Achilles virus released on humanity, the idea of
: leaving Durandal with the virus and the Dangi scientists makes me shudder.
: Only by following Tycho can you stop either from happening - you just need
: to be sure that Tycho doesn't get his hands on the virus, either.

Actually, I thought of that as being all too fitting for Durandal. He hasn't changed his goal of universal immortality when he thaws us out on board the Rozinante, has he? I'd imagine him willing to use the Achilles virus not as an outright weapon, but just as the proverbial ace up his sleeve: a little something just in case humanity tries to meddle in his ultimate plan. I thought the little lingering message Lysander gives you played on the issue of Durandal and the Dangi scientists perfectly. But I wouldn't think Durandal to be the kind of person who'd enact mass genocide.

My only question is why we'd want to help Tycho out in the first place. Sure, Tycho gives us the offer, but what possible reason would we have to take it up?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Not Enough Hulk!TwelveMotion 1/31/05 1:30 p.m.
     Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 4:07 p.m.
           Re: Not Enough Hulk!tcm 1/31/05 5:00 p.m.
                 Re: Not Enough Hulk!rampancy 1/31/05 6:44 p.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!tcm 1/31/05 7:20 p.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!Lance Kerensky 1/31/05 8:01 p.m.
           Re: Not Enough Hulk!TwelveMotion 1/31/05 6:28 p.m.
                 Re: Not Enough Hulk!Ori 1/31/05 7:55 p.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 1/31/05 8:11 p.m.
                             Re: Not Enough Hulk!blake37 2/1/05 2:55 a.m.
                 Re: Not Enough Hulk!RyokoTK 2/1/05 3:34 a.m.
                       Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 2/1/05 3:42 a.m.
                             Re: Not Enough Hulk!TwelveMotion 2/1/05 4:07 a.m.
                                   Re: Not Enough Hulk!D-M.A. 2/1/05 4:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 2/1/05 4:27 a.m.
                                         Re: Not Enough Hulk!Tyler 2/1/05 8:53 a.m.
                                               Re: Not Enough Hulk!RyokoTK 2/1/05 12:13 p.m.
                                         Re: Not Enough Hulk!rampancy 2/1/05 1:19 p.m.
                                               Re: Not Enough Hulk!blake37 2/1/05 1:23 p.m.
                                                     Re: Not Enough Hulk!ukimalefu 2/1/05 3:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Not Enough Hulk!blake37 2/1/05 3:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Not Enough Hulk!Steve Levinson 2/1/05 3:37 p.m.
                                                     Durandal and Dangirampancy 2/1/05 4:20 p.m.
                                                           Re: Durandal and DangiSteve Levinson 2/1/05 7:28 p.m.
                                         Re: Not Enough Hulk!rampancy 2/1/05 4:29 p.m.
                                               mehForrest of B.org 2/1/05 7:07 p.m.
                                                     Re: mehSteve Levinson 2/1/05 7:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: mehRyokoTK 2/2/05 1:53 p.m.
                                                                 Re: mehForrest of B.org 2/2/05 2:06 p.m.
                                                                       Re: mehRyokoTK 2/2/05 2:16 p.m.
                                                                             Re: mehSteve Levinson 2/2/05 4:11 p.m.
                                                                             Re: mehSimon of team Sigma 2/3/05 7:00 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: mehRyokoTK 2/3/05 12:57 p.m.
                                                     Re: mehrampancy 2/2/05 1:19 p.m.
                                                     Re: mehblake37 2/2/05 1:48 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.