/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, mysel
Posted By: TigerDate: 9/14/04 2:16 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, mysel (RyokoTK)

: The point is, it sucks. Of course, even that's not entirely true. Saying the
: BFG is the best weapon in Doom 2 is an outright lie and I'd take a Super
: Shotgun over it any day. Combines power and versatility.

I'm just talking about Doom weapons being equal too. The shotgun is my favorite weapon. If someone heard about the pathetic weapon descriptions by id software before actually comparing the weapons equally, then he/she would probably most likely choose the BFG. Ok, you're right, it isn't just a bunch of propaganda, but if you ask me that's a very poor way to compare the weapons. I'd rather snipe something down with a pistol than any other weapon I could find in Doom as well as in Marathon. I think that this may be part of the reason as to why people say that video games are mindless. Since most people just mindlessly take out the biggest gun and run in, mindlessly pressing the fire button and staying stationary yelling out "Die stupid little evil thingy!", I think that this may be part of the cause for stuff like the companies with people going "Rah-rah! Ban video games!" and all of that other garbage. Hmph. They say that playing an hour of video games can turn someone into a mindless psycho-path whereas reading a book or playing baseball will automatically turn you into someone excessively skillfully adequate. It's a beautiful world we live in alright. Now our only hope are politicians, who are too busy complaining about the smallest issues and waging war anyway. Call on superman, won't you please? Or never mind, the last season of that show ended long ago, so now we don't have any significant media to make us think someone will save us from this disaster and other disasters in the world except for Spiderman the movie. But the problem with Spiderman is that our illusions with him have shattered long ago ever since we realized it was just another form of product endorsements, seeing his cheesy, fake web covered face throwing its weight around our cereal boxes and so on. Ok, so we're stuck... Why am I talking to myself? Anyway, I've proved my point.

Maybe I should just play Dark Forces and shut up.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Making A Manual For MarathonDominick 9/11/04 7:58 p.m.
     Cool. *is deja-vu'd* *NM*Mista_B 9/11/04 9:31 p.m.
     Re: grenadethrowing hulks•M 9/12/04 5:13 a.m.
           Re: grenadethrowing hulksAdam Ashwell 9/12/04 6:33 a.m.
     Are you sure this is for Marathon?Tiger 9/12/04 6:37 a.m.
     Re: Making A Manual For MarathonSteve Levinson 9/12/04 7:41 a.m.
           Re: Making A Manual For Marathon•M 9/12/04 9:08 a.m.
     Re: Making A Manual For MarathonAdam Ashwell 9/12/04 12:36 p.m.
     I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myself.RyokoTK 9/12/04 3:16 p.m.
           Along with those, what about major juggernauts? :P *NM*thermoplyae 9/12/04 6:04 p.m.
           Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselTiger 9/13/04 1:45 p.m.
                 Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselMark Levin 9/13/04 5:32 p.m.
                       Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselRyokoTK 9/13/04 5:44 p.m.
                             Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselTiger 9/14/04 2:16 p.m.
                                   POST *NM*Tiger 9/15/04 4:02 a.m.
                                         POST! *NM*Tiger 9/15/04 1:44 p.m.
                                               POST!! *NM*Tiger 9/15/04 6:24 p.m.
                                                     Re: POST!!Forrest of B.org 9/15/04 6:33 p.m.
                                                           Forrest...Tiger 9/15/04 6:56 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Forrest...Forrest of B.org 9/15/04 8:20 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Forrest...Adam Ashwell 9/16/04 3:30 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Forrest...Forrest of B.org 9/16/04 7:14 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Forrest...ukimalefu 9/16/04 5:52 a.m.
                                                                       OH, no... YOUR MOM! *NM*Tiger 9/16/04 6:48 p.m.
                                                                             But don't forget to hold down the control key *NM*Steve Levinson 9/16/04 10:00 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: But don't forget to hold down the control keyForrest of B.org 9/16/04 11:00 p.m.
                                                                                   Control-YOURMOM?Forrest of B.org 9/17/04 7:42 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Forrest...Andrew Nagy/Document 9/16/04 10:21 a.m.
           Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselDominick 11/22/04 4:04 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.