/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Making A Manual For Marathon
Posted By: DominickDate: 9/11/04 7:58 p.m.

I'm making a manual for Marathon. I would like any feedback I can get. This manual will describe enemies and weapons

Enemies

Green Fighter: These guys are total wimps. They can be taken out easily and are pretty slow. They swing their concussions staffs at you which can do an okay deal of damage, but other than that they're just bologna.

Purple Fighter: These guys are a little better than green fighters. They are slightly tougher and slightly more aggressive.

Red Fighter: These guys are taken out as easily as purple fighters but are even better because they can swing bolts of electricity at you.

Blue Fighter: These guys are red fighters only even better with their staffs.

Civilian: Civilians are just dumb crew members aboard the Marathon that run around and scream "They're Everywhere!" Just shoot them if they get in the way.

Green Trooper: Green troopers can pose quite a threat. They wield assault rifles and are fairly tough.

Purple Trooper: These guys are a little tougher and a little better with their weapons.

Blue Enforcer: A blue enforcer is a little tough and uses an alien weapon which he has some good skill with. Be sure to kill him quick to acquire HIS weapon!

Brown Enforcer: As usual, tougher and more experienced.

Brown Hunters: Now THESE guys are something to worry about. Their projectiles are very dangerous and they take a great deal of damage. If you're going to blow them up don't stand close to them either.

Green Hunters: Slightly better versions of brown hunters.

Red Compiler: Red compilers are perhaps the strangest enemy you'll ever encounter. They can fly as well! Plus their green projectiles which by the way pack a good punch mess up your screen!

Purple Compiler: Even better than red compilers. Plus they have heet-seeking projectiles.

Purple Hulk: These are one of the worst monstrosities you'll ever meet. These big bulky killing machines throw grenades and can really bash you up. You should at least use an assault rifle when battling one of these.

Gray Hulk: Even worse.

Wasp: These guys are also sort of wimpy, but their projectiles are pretty annoying.

Juggernaut: These guys are nightmares. I won't even describe them. Hehehehe.

Let me know if there are any enemies that I forgot.

Fists: Your fists can be okay for dealing with some of the weakest enemies. Other than that, you should probably just use it as a last-resort weapon.

Magnum: The other weapon you start out with. There aren't too much enemies that you can use this for that go beyond the fighter family, so don't rely on this too much. It gets a little better when you get another magnum, however.

Fusion Pistol: This gun is a little better. It is especially good on secondary fire and can hit a far away switch.

Alien Weapon: This gun is okay and has a fast rate of fire. Not much of an ammo capacity, though.

Assault Rifle: This is the first of the ACTUAL WEAPONS. This is compatible with even a juggernaut. Not only does it fire bullets at a fast rate, but even better it can fire grenades! But don't waste the grenades, save those for when you face bigger problems.

Napalm Unit: The napalm unit is a highly effective flame thrower! It doesn't work against compilers but other than that is an enemy that will toast your opponents in seconds!

Rocket Launcher: This is the best weapon in the entire game. Anyone who dares to oppose it with anything lower than an assault rifle is probably going to get squashed, and there's still a chance that the person with an assault rifle or better is going to get squashed anyway. This cool weapon launches powerful missiles which is good for dealing with hard enemies and/or for clearing out groups of weak ones.

That's it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Making A Manual For MarathonDominick 9/11/04 7:58 p.m.
     Cool. *is deja-vu'd* *NM*Mista_B 9/11/04 9:31 p.m.
     Re: grenadethrowing hulks•M 9/12/04 5:13 a.m.
           Re: grenadethrowing hulksAdam Ashwell 9/12/04 6:33 a.m.
     Are you sure this is for Marathon?Tiger 9/12/04 6:37 a.m.
     Re: Making A Manual For MarathonSteve Levinson 9/12/04 7:41 a.m.
           Re: Making A Manual For Marathon•M 9/12/04 9:08 a.m.
     Re: Making A Manual For MarathonAdam Ashwell 9/12/04 12:36 p.m.
     I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myself.RyokoTK 9/12/04 3:16 p.m.
           Along with those, what about major juggernauts? :P *NM*thermoplyae 9/12/04 6:04 p.m.
           Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselTiger 9/13/04 1:45 p.m.
                 Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselMark Levin 9/13/04 5:32 p.m.
                       Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselRyokoTK 9/13/04 5:44 p.m.
                             Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselTiger 9/14/04 2:16 p.m.
                                   POST *NM*Tiger 9/15/04 4:02 a.m.
                                         POST! *NM*Tiger 9/15/04 1:44 p.m.
                                               POST!! *NM*Tiger 9/15/04 6:24 p.m.
                                                     Re: POST!!Forrest of B.org 9/15/04 6:33 p.m.
                                                           Forrest...Tiger 9/15/04 6:56 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Forrest...Forrest of B.org 9/15/04 8:20 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Forrest...Adam Ashwell 9/16/04 3:30 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Forrest...Forrest of B.org 9/16/04 7:14 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Forrest...ukimalefu 9/16/04 5:52 a.m.
                                                                       OH, no... YOUR MOM! *NM*Tiger 9/16/04 6:48 p.m.
                                                                             But don't forget to hold down the control key *NM*Steve Levinson 9/16/04 10:00 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: But don't forget to hold down the control keyForrest of B.org 9/16/04 11:00 p.m.
                                                                                   Control-YOURMOM?Forrest of B.org 9/17/04 7:42 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Forrest...Andrew Nagy/Document 9/16/04 10:21 a.m.
           Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselDominick 11/22/04 4:04 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.