/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, mysel
Posted By: TigerDate: 9/13/04 1:45 p.m.

In Response To: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myself. (RyokoTK)

: The biggest problem with this was already mentioned - it doesn't take into
: account that the weapons are BALANCED, and so some weapons are better
: against some monsters than others. And it seems like there's some neglect
: to the lower-level weapons. The Magnums are great, takes care of those
: distant enemies quite effectively, and I'll use them against Troopers
: without a second glance. It also fails to take into account how monsters
: work and that sort of thing.

I agree. id software definitely underrates the lower weapons and considers them crappy, last-resort weapons that are only good for the weak enemies. I've played games like Duke Nukem or whatever and all of the weapons are equal.

I think that that's the thing. This kiddy here who wrote this has probably heard the nonsense from id software the stuff like "fists, don't ever use these, pistol is only good until you get this weapon, this weapon is better," and so on. id software sort of has lots of people out there to think that "the bigger the weapon, the better" and judges simply by firepower. I think Dominick is one of these unfortunate people who got brainwashed by this propaganda. Ok, so its all in personal beliefs, but Nick if you're listening to this, believe me: If you look at weapons in their categories of strengths and weaknesses and know what weapon is right for what situation, you'll be a much more successful Marathon player, and also a more successful player in the other games like Doom or Half-Life.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Making A Manual For MarathonDominick 9/11/04 7:58 p.m.
     Cool. *is deja-vu'd* *NM*Mista_B 9/11/04 9:31 p.m.
     Re: grenadethrowing hulks•M 9/12/04 5:13 a.m.
           Re: grenadethrowing hulksAdam Ashwell 9/12/04 6:33 a.m.
     Are you sure this is for Marathon?Tiger 9/12/04 6:37 a.m.
     Re: Making A Manual For MarathonSteve Levinson 9/12/04 7:41 a.m.
           Re: Making A Manual For Marathon•M 9/12/04 9:08 a.m.
     Re: Making A Manual For MarathonAdam Ashwell 9/12/04 12:36 p.m.
     I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myself.RyokoTK 9/12/04 3:16 p.m.
           Along with those, what about major juggernauts? :P *NM*thermoplyae 9/12/04 6:04 p.m.
           Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselTiger 9/13/04 1:45 p.m.
                 Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselMark Levin 9/13/04 5:32 p.m.
                       Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselRyokoTK 9/13/04 5:44 p.m.
                             Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselTiger 9/14/04 2:16 p.m.
                                   POST *NM*Tiger 9/15/04 4:02 a.m.
                                         POST! *NM*Tiger 9/15/04 1:44 p.m.
                                               POST!! *NM*Tiger 9/15/04 6:24 p.m.
                                                     Re: POST!!Forrest of B.org 9/15/04 6:33 p.m.
                                                           Forrest...Tiger 9/15/04 6:56 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Forrest...Forrest of B.org 9/15/04 8:20 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Forrest...Adam Ashwell 9/16/04 3:30 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Forrest...Forrest of B.org 9/16/04 7:14 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Forrest...ukimalefu 9/16/04 5:52 a.m.
                                                                       OH, no... YOUR MOM! *NM*Tiger 9/16/04 6:48 p.m.
                                                                             But don't forget to hold down the control key *NM*Steve Levinson 9/16/04 10:00 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: But don't forget to hold down the control keyForrest of B.org 9/16/04 11:00 p.m.
                                                                                   Control-YOURMOM?Forrest of B.org 9/17/04 7:42 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Forrest...Andrew Nagy/Document 9/16/04 10:21 a.m.
           Re: I'd rather stick with the actual manual, myselDominick 11/22/04 4:04 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.