/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chicken
Posted By: mattschenkDate: 8/15/04 3:38 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chicken (Steve Levinson)

:but having grown up in Indianapolis, I
: certainly am familiar with severe storms and tornados

Yeah, I grew up an our and a half northwest of Indy. A few years ago a major tornado ripped through the southern part of the city, not even a mile from my brother's house. When driving on I-65 you could definitely tell where the funnel's path was....trees, trees, trees, NOTHING, trees, trees, trees.
Luckily tornados and blizzards have been the only life-threatening severe weather I've experienced. The worst always seemed to be during those night track meets. We had many cancelled or postponed due to tornados touching down close by. And when you're running. you can really feel it when a severe weathre front rolls in; I was almost knocked over in one of my races when a giant gust of wind swept over the fields; shortly after the police came and told us to get inside. But I agree with Steve, mankind is our worst enemy, nature doesn't have spite.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/13/04 12:22 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:19 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/14/04 3:55 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenAndrew Nagy 8/14/04 7:27 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:50 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/14/04 7:50 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:56 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenDr. John Sumner 8/15/04 1:06 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/15/04 1:25 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenYossarian 8/15/04 1:47 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/15/04 3:38 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.