/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chicken
Posted By: mattschenkDate: 8/14/04 7:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chicken (Steve Levinson)

: You have me drooling over the new secret.

I think I got the message early on that the players wanted more secrets. At first I thought this would be nearly impossible seeing as most levels use 255 or 256 polys, but lo and behold, I've managed to add MANY secrets. True, some are rather simple (secret door, ammo stash, say no more) but some actually add depth to the game. I'm really proud of one I made in ***SPOILER*** alpha. I only used one poly, but added a secret that's more than just find an object.
The secret on Pesticides is, as now, the largest compound secret in the game. It actually traverses several levels and adds a lot of story depth (and foreshadowing the sequal). Dang it!! I shouldn't have said that! where is that emergency pill?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/13/04 12:22 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:19 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/14/04 3:55 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenAndrew Nagy 8/14/04 7:27 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:50 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/14/04 7:50 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:56 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenDr. John Sumner 8/15/04 1:06 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/15/04 1:25 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenYossarian 8/15/04 1:47 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/15/04 3:38 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.