/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chicken
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 8/14/04 3:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chicken (mattschenk)

: Nice run down of the level. That's pretty much how I do it to, secure healer,
: O2, then pattern buffer. Although when I play I usually clear the entire
: level, including the "trap" (which was not meant to be a trap,
: just not a vital part of the mission). Did you come across any bugs or
: anything that needed some tweaking? I fixed a problem of creatures not
: activating on a ledge overlooking the O2 pit and cleaned up some terminal
: text, as well as adding something major...but I can't say what since it's
: a *bit* of a secret;)

You have me drooling over the new secret. In terms of bugs, I didn't find anything significant, but if I could make a suggestion, make the pattern buffer and O2 recharger in the airlock that leads to the final area be use once rather than use when first seen. I'd like the player to have the option of saving them until the end. In terms of the area I referred to as a trap, well there really is no need to go there since this is not an extermination level and since the player can only clear it out at great peril and with the loss of much ammo. At minimum I would suggest placing enough ammo in this area to replenish the bare minimum used. Otherwise I would suggest setting the extermination flag so that the player has to go there to be allowed to leave.

: Actually I'm now basically through with fixing up chapters one and two. There
: appears to be a chance I can release version 1.1 soon after the volunteers
: series is over. Then comes the task of porting it to AO (any volunteers??)

Good going. It still amazes me that you did this with M1 in the first place. You might want to ask Anaphel about making some high-res textures to go with the AO version. Good luck!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/13/04 12:22 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:19 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/14/04 3:55 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenAndrew Nagy 8/14/04 7:27 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:50 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/14/04 7:50 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:56 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenDr. John Sumner 8/15/04 1:06 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/15/04 1:25 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenYossarian 8/15/04 1:47 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/15/04 3:38 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.