/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chicken
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 8/15/04 1:25 p.m.

In Response To: Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chicken (Dr. John Sumner)

: First of all, let me apologize for this belated post. For the past few days,
: I have been in Atlanta at my sister's wedding and also partly to escape
: the onslaught of Hurricane Charley. I live in Tampa and was very, very
: blessed in having the hurricane miss my city.

The Internet almost seems to exist outside of the real world, so it's easy to forget that we each live in real cities with real problems. I completely forgot that the UT in your address stands for University of Tampa. I can't imagine the force of a hurricane, but having grown up in Indianapolis, I certainly am familiar with severe storms and tornados. Tornados strike every year, but their devastation is haphazzard - hurricanes strike much less frequently, but they wipe out entire areas. I had the pleasure of seeing a couple of funnel clouds from my house, and in college knew one professor who had a tree uprooted from his front yard and thrown into his back yard, and another who heard a loud crash during the night and walked out of the bedroom to find he didn't have a living room any more. We do get occasional tornados in Rochester, but they're very, very rare. We've had hurricane remnants pass through here twice in my 12 years here - but that's nothing like being on the coast. We do get blizzards every few years, but the greatest danger is from ice storms that often take out power during the coldest days of the year. During my years in California, I had the pleasure of experiencing a few earthquakes - one of them a 6.2 - I guess no place is safe. And we won't even talk about terrorism or war - mankind has always been his own worst enemy, next to the Pfhor of course.

Congratulations on your sister's wedding, and on escaping Charlie unscathed.

: There is a bit of ammo right inside the first part of this area. Other than
: this ammo, I agree with Steve that it can be safely skipped.

Of course we would never skip this area.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/13/04 12:22 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:19 a.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/14/04 3:55 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenAndrew Nagy 8/14/04 7:27 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:50 p.m.
                       Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/14/04 7:50 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/14/04 7:56 p.m.
     Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenDr. John Sumner 8/15/04 1:06 p.m.
           Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenSteve Levinson 8/15/04 1:25 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With ChickenYossarian 8/15/04 1:47 p.m.
                 Re: PF Volunteers - Pesticides With Chickenmattschenk 8/15/04 3:38 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.