/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Apologies and Grievances
Posted By: Little KagoDate: 8/10/04 2:44 p.m.

In Response To: Apologies and Grievances (Forrest of B.org)

:However, being told "It doesn't live up to Standard X" or "Part Y of it should
:be completely redone" is not helpful in the least and only discourages me
:from even wanting to continue on this project.

this is funny: "give me your opinions, but do it within these strict parameters. my delicate sensibilities shatter easily."

it's good that you didn't do your scenario for any game that has a larger fan base than marathon, and are asking for opinions on a board that has as much familiarity as this one. you probably would have hanged yourself by now. if you can't learn how to handle comments from people, from no matter what angle, you won't get through life easily.

i can't comment specifically on eternal myself, since your installer package churns out a jumble of useless crap on my OS9 machine. i don't know why, but nothing came out properly at all. did someone say something about certain compression programs screwing things up?

i can comment on your release plan. it makes zero sense to me. personally i think that that many betas released over such a short period of time will not create extra interest. it will create clutter and confusion and ultimately disinterest.

you have a bunch of people here who are willing to beta test your work and have them give you feedback. clearly you need more playtesting by a variety of people. and test it PROPERLY - no TC testing is unnacceptable. an actual routine of playtesting within a closed group to produce a full product is much more efficient (and satisfying to the end user) than dumping a bunch of unfinished bugged-up releases on the public.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/10/04 12:03 a.m.
     Re: Apologies and GrievancesLittle Kago 8/10/04 2:44 p.m.
           Re: Apologies and GrievancesSteve Levinson 8/10/04 4:05 p.m.
                 Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/10/04 4:33 p.m.
                       Re: Apologies and GrievancesSteve Levinson 8/10/04 4:46 p.m.
                             Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/10/04 10:39 p.m.
                                   Re: Apologies and GrievancesD-M.A. 8/11/04 1:11 a.m.
                                         Re: Apologies and GrievancesJohannes Gunnar 8/11/04 3:40 a.m.
                                         Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/11/04 10:38 a.m.
                                               Re: Apologies and GrievancesYossarian 8/11/04 11:31 a.m.
                                                     Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/11/04 1:05 p.m.
                                               Re: Apologies and GrievancesBlayne 8/12/04 11:15 a.m.
                                                     Re: Apologies and GrievancesAnaphiel 8/12/04 11:46 a.m.
                                                     Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/12/04 9:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: Apologies and GrievancesJohannes Gunnar 8/13/04 3:18 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/13/04 11:48 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Apologies and GrievancesBlayne 8/13/04 1:34 p.m.
                             Re: Apologies and Grievancesgoran 8/11/04 12:11 a.m.
                                   Re: Apologies and Grievancesdeathmonger 8/11/04 6:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Apologies and GrievancesBlayne 8/11/04 10:01 a.m.
                                         Re: Apologies and GrievancesCheerful 8/11/04 2:56 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.