/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Apologies and Grievances
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 8/10/04 12:03 a.m.

(Title spelled correctly this time).

First off I want to apologise for my outburt earlier, but I do think it got my point across. I feel like I am being faced with unreasonable and sometimes contradictory expectations from all sides. This is not only something with Eternal but a general problem in my life. So with Eternal at least, rather than try to live up to them as I did for the first eight years of this project's life, I'm going to make what I can, as best as I can, with however much or little help I can get.

That said, I *do* welcome and very much appreciate feedback, including 'negative'. I've gotten some very useful feedback already - the L2 easter egg deathtrap bug, the Enforcer bug, ideas for refinements on the timer for L4 and the control tower on L6, general feedback on the difficulty level, etc - and this is already being implemented into the next version. This type of thing is very useful.

However, being told "It doesn't live up to Standard X" or "Part Y of it should be completely redone" is not helpful in the least and only discourages me from even wanting to continue on this project. Would you rather I quit running the marathon (pun intended) when I'm obviously not going to win? Or try to keep running it forever even though it'll be over before I reach the end properly? Or should I just run as far as I can and be able to say "at least I made it this far"?

To clarify one last time, while I'm here:
"Eternal Mark I" is not only CHAPTER 1 but BETA 1.
"Eternal Mark II" will be BETA 2 including CHAPTERS 1 AND 2.
"Eternal Mark III" will be BETA 3 including CHAPTERS 1, 2, AND 3.
"Eternal Mark IV" will be BETA 4 including CHAPTERS 1, 2, 3, AND 4.
"Eternal Mark V" will be BETA 5 including CHAPTERS 1, 2, 3, 4, AND 5.
The unnamed sixth release will be the FINAL CANDIDATE and be feature-complete.
"Eternal X" will be the final version of Eternal. Please do not judge the others as finished products.

You won't see much fanfare for any of the other Marks except maybe Mark V, it it meets my scheduled deadline. (A special date in late December...) Development will remain public and there will be notices of their releases, and certain people will receive specific requests to playtest them, but nothing as big as Mark I's intro. I probably won't even mirror them anywhere. Hardly been as much demand as I had anticipated. Stupid fickle Halo people got distracted by some insects and don't care about Marathon anymore.

Goodnight.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/10/04 12:03 a.m.
     Re: Apologies and GrievancesLittle Kago 8/10/04 2:44 p.m.
           Re: Apologies and GrievancesSteve Levinson 8/10/04 4:05 p.m.
                 Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/10/04 4:33 p.m.
                       Re: Apologies and GrievancesSteve Levinson 8/10/04 4:46 p.m.
                             Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/10/04 10:39 p.m.
                                   Re: Apologies and GrievancesD-M.A. 8/11/04 1:11 a.m.
                                         Re: Apologies and GrievancesJohannes Gunnar 8/11/04 3:40 a.m.
                                         Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/11/04 10:38 a.m.
                                               Re: Apologies and GrievancesYossarian 8/11/04 11:31 a.m.
                                                     Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/11/04 1:05 p.m.
                                               Re: Apologies and GrievancesBlayne 8/12/04 11:15 a.m.
                                                     Re: Apologies and GrievancesAnaphiel 8/12/04 11:46 a.m.
                                                     Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/12/04 9:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: Apologies and GrievancesJohannes Gunnar 8/13/04 3:18 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Apologies and GrievancesForrest of B.org 8/13/04 11:48 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Apologies and GrievancesBlayne 8/13/04 1:34 p.m.
                             Re: Apologies and Grievancesgoran 8/11/04 12:11 a.m.
                                   Re: Apologies and Grievancesdeathmonger 8/11/04 6:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Apologies and GrievancesBlayne 8/11/04 10:01 a.m.
                                         Re: Apologies and GrievancesCheerful 8/11/04 2:56 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.