/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Help
Posted By: goranDate: 8/4/04 1:15 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Help (Forrest of B.org)

: Hmm... Gravity generally gets stronger the closer to the center of it you
: are. But once you are underneath the surface of something, gravity is also
: pulling you UP some. In a hollow sphere, with all the mass out the outside
: shell, gravity inside is nullified. So I'd think that in something like
: what you're talking about it'd be somewhere in between the two, maybe
: gravity stays even with surface gravity all the way through?

I've always imagined that if you're at the center of earth, all masses around you would drag you at oppsite directions causing the illusion of no gravity, but hey, I might be wrong in my thinking.

: As for pressure though, yeah. Unless you had airlocks segmenting the
: atmosphere all the way through, and controlled air pressure in each
: segment, pressure would either be insanely high at the center or insanely
: low at the top, depending on how much air you pack in there.

Airlocks is doable in my scenario, no worry about that, but it seems to be a too low tech sollution to a problem like this (compared to the rest of the technology in pollution). I confess I'm no physics expert, that's why I need help. What is it that's dangerous about pressure, you talked about even it out.

*** the deathstar could be designed in different ways.

1. like earth with an atmosphere
2. make earth larger with no atmosphere. All air would be circulating inside the structure
3. Like a large shell. Making earth much much larger.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Helpgoran 8/4/04 12:49 p.m.
     Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpForrest of B.org 8/4/04 1:01 p.m.
           Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Helpgoran 8/4/04 1:15 p.m.
                 Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpForrest of B.org 8/4/04 2:09 p.m.
                       Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Helpukimalefu 8/4/04 6:48 p.m.
                             Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpSteve Levinson 8/4/04 9:26 p.m.
                                   Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpForrest of B.org 8/4/04 9:57 p.m.
                                         Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpLunair 8/5/04 6:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpSockPuppet 8/5/04 9:57 p.m.
                                                     Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Helpgoran 8/6/04 12:38 a.m.
                                               Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpForrest of B.org 8/5/04 11:22 p.m.
                 Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpD-M.A. 8/6/04 4:48 a.m.
                       Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpBlayne 8/6/04 8:50 a.m.
                             Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpForrest of B.org 8/6/04 1:17 p.m.
                       Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Help•M 8/6/04 10:55 p.m.
                             Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpD-M.A. 8/7/04 2:52 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.