/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Help
Posted By: D-M.A.Date: 8/7/04 2:52 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Help (•M)

Oh I know that pressure changes will make stuff explode too if it happens too fast... but I had always imagined that if the pressure is really really high or low, you'd explode as well, because the human body isn't strong enough to handle too high pressure. This is just something I don't know anything about though, so correct me if I'm wrong ;)
We're talking about many many many kilometers here, wouldn't the pressure get insanely high close to the core?

: If you're acclimatised (sp?) enough,, nothing happens. The human body is not
: an airtight one, but more like a balloon, if the pressure outside is the
: same as inside, the balloon stays inflated. To a certain point ofcourse,
: afaik, the problem with drowning is not that there is liquid (with oxygen)
: in the lungs, but that the lungs are not powerfull enough to repel the
: used water, hence drowning.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Helpgoran 8/4/04 12:49 p.m.
     Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpForrest of B.org 8/4/04 1:01 p.m.
           Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Helpgoran 8/4/04 1:15 p.m.
                 Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpForrest of B.org 8/4/04 2:09 p.m.
                       Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Helpukimalefu 8/4/04 6:48 p.m.
                             Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpSteve Levinson 8/4/04 9:26 p.m.
                                   Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpForrest of B.org 8/4/04 9:57 p.m.
                                         Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpLunair 8/5/04 6:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpSockPuppet 8/5/04 9:57 p.m.
                                                     Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Helpgoran 8/6/04 12:38 a.m.
                                               Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpForrest of B.org 8/5/04 11:22 p.m.
                 Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpD-M.A. 8/6/04 4:48 a.m.
                       Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpBlayne 8/6/04 8:50 a.m.
                             Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpForrest of B.org 8/6/04 1:17 p.m.
                       Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - Help•M 8/6/04 10:55 p.m.
                             Re: Pollution - Earth - Deathstar - HelpD-M.A. 8/7/04 2:52 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.