/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

*Gasp* I can't breathe or reach the end!(Spoilers)
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 6/14/04 7:39 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Did I see what I think I saw? (mattschenk)

Matt,

John Sumners and I have been e-mailing each other back and forth on the oxygen situation, or lack there of, in the final levels of P.F. Matt, did you really mean it to be this way and did John and I miss something, or was this a mistake. I think someone else mentioned this here, too. Near the end of the scenario there is a vacuum level which must be played very quickly and that doesn't seem to have any O2 rechargers or power-ups anywhere to be found. On TC, it takes just a little over half the player's oxygen supply to reach the end of that level. This is followed by a couple of non-vacuum levels, but neither one has any available oxygen that I could find - and I explored them extensively. The second level from the end is also a vacuum level. There is an O2 recharger, but reaching it requires going through a couple of delayed, v-e-r-y slowly opening doors. On TC, the player's oxygen is depleated before the second door can finish opening no matter what the player does. Believe me, I've tried everything but no matter how skilled the player, there is no way the player can survive, given the timing of the doors. Switching to Kindergarten, it is possible to make it in time - even with so little oxygen - but barely. On TC, under the best of circumstances the player needs 80% of their O2 supply to survive - and that's using the jet pack to shave a second off the timing of one of the doors.

So . . . which is it? Did John and I miss a hidden O2 canister or recharger, or is this a bug? If so, I guess cheating is the only to finish the game on TC. In any case, hats off to a great scenario! Oh, and as you mentioned here, the final page of the ending screen text doesn't display - could you post it here, clearly labled as a spoiler? Thanks,

Steve

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Did I see what I think I saw?Steve Levinson 6/13/04 11:54 a.m.
     Re: Did I see what I think I saw?ukimalefu 6/13/04 12:48 p.m.
     Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Ernie 6/14/04 7:36 a.m.
           Re: Did I see what I think I saw?goran 6/14/04 1:48 p.m.
                 Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Steve Levinson 6/14/04 2:58 p.m.
                       Re: Did I see what I think I saw?mattschenk 6/14/04 6:37 p.m.
                             *Gasp* I can't breathe or reach the end!(Spoilers)Steve Levinson 6/14/04 7:39 p.m.
                                   Re: *Gasp* I can't breathe or reach the end!(SpoilDr. John Sumner 6/15/04 3:59 a.m.
                                         Re: *Gasp* I can't breathe or reach the end!(SpoilAndrew 6/15/04 4:10 a.m.
                                   Re: *Gasp* I can't breathe or reach the end!(Spoilmattschenk 6/15/04 1:41 p.m.
                                         Re: *Gasp* *Gasp* I finished it! :-) *NM*ukimalefu 6/16/04 5:04 p.m.
                                   Re: *Gasp* I can't breathe or reach the end!(Spoilukimalefu 6/15/04 3:30 p.m.
           Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Steve Levinson 6/14/04 2:42 p.m.
                 Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Ernie 6/14/04 7:02 p.m.
                       Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Steve Levinson 6/14/04 7:23 p.m.
                             Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Dr. John Sumner 6/15/04 1:50 a.m.
                                   Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Steve Levinson 6/15/04 8:41 a.m.
                                         Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Dr. John Sumner 6/15/04 9:17 a.m.
                                               PF Volunteers - coming soon to a browser near youSteve Levinson 6/15/04 9:28 a.m.
                                                     Re: PF Volunteers - coming soon to a browser nearDr. John Sumner 6/15/04 10:33 a.m.
                                                           Re: PF Volunteers - coming soon to a browser nearSteve Levinson 6/15/04 10:45 a.m.
                                                                 Re: PF Volunteers - coming soon to a browser nearDr. John Sumner 6/15/04 11:31 a.m.
                                                                       Re: PF Volunteers - coming soon to a browser nearForrest of B.org 6/15/04 11:35 a.m.
                                                                             Reactions to Marathon, and significant othersErnie 6/15/04 9:26 p.m.
                 Re: Did I see what I think I saw?goran 6/16/04 11:21 a.m.
                       Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Forrest of B.org 6/16/04 11:59 a.m.
                             Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Forrest of B.org 6/16/04 12:44 p.m.
                                   Sounds very doable *NM*Steve Levinson 6/16/04 1:05 p.m.
                                   Re: Did I see what I think I saw?•M 6/16/04 1:26 p.m.
                                         Re: Did I see what I think I saw?goran 6/16/04 3:21 p.m.
                                               Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Simon of team Sigma 6/17/04 2:00 a.m.
                                                     Re: Did I see what I think I saw?goran 6/17/04 11:30 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.