/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Did I see what I think I saw?
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 6/13/04 11:54 a.m.

I was playing Phoenix Falling earlier today when a trooper that was taking pleasure in shooting me suddently backed up and started firing grenades. Now troopers are generally pretty stupid. They'll relentlessly move in on you and fire bullets at close range. They'll gladly try to pound you with grenades even as the grenades impact on the cliff in front of them, making them take all the damage. They'll move around on you to try to get a better shot at you, but I don't think I've ever seen a trooper do something as intelligent as to back off and hit me with grenades. Or is this one of the many things that was actually more realistic in the original M1 engine?

BTW, the farther along I get in PF, the more I am absolutely dumbstruck by Matt's genious. He has done things I've never seen done with the MI/AO engine, let alone M1. There are some problem spots that need some work, and some oughtright bugs that can cause a very nasty hard crash, but this scenario is shaping up to be one of the most outstanding I've ever played. We're going to have to bring Matt's brother up to speed quickly so that he can quash the bugs - this is an absolute must-play.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Did I see what I think I saw?Steve Levinson 6/13/04 11:54 a.m.
     Re: Did I see what I think I saw?ukimalefu 6/13/04 12:48 p.m.
     Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Ernie 6/14/04 7:36 a.m.
           Re: Did I see what I think I saw?goran 6/14/04 1:48 p.m.
                 Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Steve Levinson 6/14/04 2:58 p.m.
                       Re: Did I see what I think I saw?mattschenk 6/14/04 6:37 p.m.
                             *Gasp* I can't breathe or reach the end!(Spoilers)Steve Levinson 6/14/04 7:39 p.m.
                                   Re: *Gasp* I can't breathe or reach the end!(SpoilDr. John Sumner 6/15/04 3:59 a.m.
                                         Re: *Gasp* I can't breathe or reach the end!(SpoilAndrew 6/15/04 4:10 a.m.
                                   Re: *Gasp* I can't breathe or reach the end!(Spoilmattschenk 6/15/04 1:41 p.m.
                                         Re: *Gasp* *Gasp* I finished it! :-) *NM*ukimalefu 6/16/04 5:04 p.m.
                                   Re: *Gasp* I can't breathe or reach the end!(Spoilukimalefu 6/15/04 3:30 p.m.
           Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Steve Levinson 6/14/04 2:42 p.m.
                 Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Ernie 6/14/04 7:02 p.m.
                       Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Steve Levinson 6/14/04 7:23 p.m.
                             Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Dr. John Sumner 6/15/04 1:50 a.m.
                                   Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Steve Levinson 6/15/04 8:41 a.m.
                                         Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Dr. John Sumner 6/15/04 9:17 a.m.
                                               PF Volunteers - coming soon to a browser near youSteve Levinson 6/15/04 9:28 a.m.
                                                     Re: PF Volunteers - coming soon to a browser nearDr. John Sumner 6/15/04 10:33 a.m.
                                                           Re: PF Volunteers - coming soon to a browser nearSteve Levinson 6/15/04 10:45 a.m.
                                                                 Re: PF Volunteers - coming soon to a browser nearDr. John Sumner 6/15/04 11:31 a.m.
                                                                       Re: PF Volunteers - coming soon to a browser nearForrest of B.org 6/15/04 11:35 a.m.
                                                                             Reactions to Marathon, and significant othersErnie 6/15/04 9:26 p.m.
                 Re: Did I see what I think I saw?goran 6/16/04 11:21 a.m.
                       Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Forrest of B.org 6/16/04 11:59 a.m.
                             Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Forrest of B.org 6/16/04 12:44 p.m.
                                   Sounds very doable *NM*Steve Levinson 6/16/04 1:05 p.m.
                                   Re: Did I see what I think I saw?•M 6/16/04 1:26 p.m.
                                         Re: Did I see what I think I saw?goran 6/16/04 3:21 p.m.
                                               Re: Did I see what I think I saw?Simon of team Sigma 6/17/04 2:00 a.m.
                                                     Re: Did I see what I think I saw?goran 6/17/04 11:30 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.