/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 4/16/04 10:38 a.m.

In Response To: Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc. (Dr. John Sumner)

: And behind that wall is??? A secret!! There's actually a door there that is
: player controllable. Inside is a small room that contains a teleport poly
: that takes you to Level 32: WE BE SLACKERS. I actually found that secret
: without using Forge. The design on the door was too tempting to ignore, so
: I tabbed on it to discover the secret. I am not sure if there is any other
: way to get to that secret level. If there is, I am not aware of it.

I've been looking for the entrance to that level! I always suspected that there had to be a way in, but I could never find it. The weird thing is that if this is the nromal way to the secret levels, it in effect forces the player to bypass the rest of the scenario.

: Let me ask about this level since it is not part of the normal gameplay. If
: you have never visited this level, it is very small, contains one
: terminal, and one exit poly. I'll let someone else discuss the terminal.
: The exit poly takes the player to the other extra level, Level 31: Up from
: the depths... As far as I can see, it is not possible to exit this level.
: So my question is: did Ian expect anyone to use this secret teleport to
: Level 32 since that leads to a deadend at Level 31? And in that case, the
: player can never "really" finish the scenario. Or was this
: secret forgotten about by Ian? Are there other ways to get to Level 31 and
: 32?

Th terminal John mentions (Did everyone notice that all the computers in Red are Macs?) is the credits terminal for the game - something that I'm sure Ian intended for people to find. This is a good read and I'll leave it for Mark or even Ian to discuss in further detail, since I'd probably miss a lot of the tie-ins. In any case, Ian ends the terminal with an invitation for the player to enter the teleporter to visit the next secret level, and to exit whenever they're ready by finding him. Up from the depts is a fun level that essentially makes the player a Godzilla in a 20th century Japanese city. The weapons are all the conventional versions, however - not Joshua's weapons - which begs the question as to how the weapons could be switched back and forth like that. In any case, there are lots of miniature bobs to step on (but watch for the explosions) and lots of cars to blow up. There are also tanks that will constantly fire on the player, so there is a real need for defensive manouvers here. If you switch to map mode, you will eventually see a lable for Ian. Going up to the the building and tabbing on it causes the side to lower, revealing a gian version of Ian himself. Tabbing on him clearly makes a terminal sound, but nothing happens. My guess is that Ian intended this to take the player back to the scenario, but for some reason never implemented it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 9:27 a.m.
     Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:00 a.m.
           Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:04 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:13 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Mark Levin 4/16/04 10:38 a.m.
                             Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:50 a.m.
     Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:01 a.m.
           Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:38 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:47 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 10:51 a.m.
           Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 10:48 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:54 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 11:02 a.m.
                             Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Steve Levinson 4/16/04 11:13 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Crimson 4/16/04 11:19 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Adam Ashwell 4/17/04 4:04 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.