/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 4/16/04 10:00 a.m.

In Response To: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc. (Mark Levin)

: The second trigger is far more useful: Hold it down, look up , and release
: to recharge your health. I'm not sure why the "look up" is so
: important, making a weapon that increases the player's health is otherwise
: pretty simply. This means that you now have essentially infinite health-
: you can sit in a secluded area and power up to your heart's content and
: you'll be invincible to pretty much everything except deliberate death
: traps in the map.

I mean, Woa!!!!!

This is an amazing secret, if it's a secret, which I think it is. We 'thoners are not known for thinking of the z-axis. No weapon has ever altered it's characteristics simply by looking up, so why would anyone ever try this? There is a very big clue - releasing the secondary trigger on the fusion mace makes the same sound as picking up a shield recharge - it just doesn't seem to do anything. Doing so when lookning up, however, nets the player a half-shield charge. Repeating this over and over again, as suggested by Mark, makes completing the rest of the scenario absolutely trivial. After giving myself - I don't know - maybe 20X shields, I had no difficulty at all completing End Game and Can on Deathwish, even with the constant onslaught of monsters.

Mark - I am humbles. I salute you for finding this one!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 9:27 a.m.
     Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:00 a.m.
           Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:04 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:13 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Mark Levin 4/16/04 10:38 a.m.
                             Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:50 a.m.
     Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:01 a.m.
           Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:38 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:47 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 10:51 a.m.
           Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 10:48 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:54 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 11:02 a.m.
                             Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Steve Levinson 4/16/04 11:13 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Crimson 4/16/04 11:19 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Adam Ashwell 4/17/04 4:04 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.