/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 4/16/04 10:01 a.m.

In Response To: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc. (Mark Levin)

: As Steve and John have pointed out, there's a real lack of pattern buffers
: this late in the scenario.

At least the PB halfway through this level still works, if I remember correctly.

: The second trigger is far more useful: Hold it down, look up , and release
: to recharge your health. I'm not sure why the "look up" is so
: important

That's interesting to know. I may try that next time I play. What I ended up doing to recharge my shields is to stand up against and facing a wall, any wall. Continue to walk forward as though you are trying to walk through the wall (no need to look up). Press and hold the secondary trigger. At the height of activating that trigger, let it go. The discharge will partially recharge your shields. I suppose the effect is as though I am attacking myself with the weapon. Did anyone notice that if you try to recharge past 3x, it ends up reducing your shields instead?

: But
: before you jump out, look at the wall behind the north pillar in the
: temple.

And behind that wall is??? A secret!! There's actually a door there that is player controllable. Inside is a small room that contains a teleport poly that takes you to Level 32: WE BE SLACKERS. I actually found that secret without using Forge. The design on the door was too tempting to ignore, so I tabbed on it to discover the secret. I am not sure if there is any other way to get to that secret level. If there is, I am not aware of it.

Let me ask about this level since it is not part of the normal gameplay. If you have never visited this level, it is very small, contains one terminal, and one exit poly. I'll let someone else discuss the terminal. The exit poly takes the player to the other extra level, Level 31: Up from the depths... As far as I can see, it is not possible to exit this level. So my question is: did Ian expect anyone to use this secret teleport to Level 32 since that leads to a deadend at Level 31? And in that case, the player can never "really" finish the scenario. Or was this secret forgotten about by Ian? Are there other ways to get to Level 31 and 32?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 9:27 a.m.
     Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:00 a.m.
           Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:04 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:13 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Mark Levin 4/16/04 10:38 a.m.
                             Re: RED volunteers: WOA!!!!!Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:50 a.m.
     Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:01 a.m.
           Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:38 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Dr. John Sumner 4/16/04 10:47 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 10:51 a.m.
           Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 10:48 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Steve Levinson 4/16/04 10:54 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Mark Levin 4/16/04 11:02 a.m.
                             Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Steve Levinson 4/16/04 11:13 a.m.
                 Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Crimson 4/16/04 11:19 a.m.
                       Re: RED volunteers: To The Liver/Chaos Inc.Adam Ashwell 4/17/04 4:04 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.