Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?
Posted By: pete_the_duck <taidanaahiru@hotmail.com>Date: 1/15/03 4:41 p.m.

In Response To: Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry? (Poocho)

: The faster than light idea was what I was thinking, but I'm just guessing.

I've long considered, as an unsupported theory, that the pulse structures on level 2 are by some means tied in with Halo's primary systems, and thus connected to its failsafe as a universal weapon. The pulses move slowly, painfully slowly..yet they seem to consist of the same materials as the pulse generators in Two Betrayals--this may give some clue as to the material of the pulse itself, and then some long-shot theories on what it's potential travelling speed could be.

But, let's keep in mind, from my understanding Halo predates human life (talking about the FICTIONAL HALO UNIVERSE here). We don't know just how sophisticated Forerunner technology was..maybe, perhaps, they had little or no understanding of slipstream (I'm bringing this up for a reason). Furthermore, it's unclear as to the actual rate at which slipstream travel works--it is hinted that the trip to Halo was extensive--enough time for the engines to be repaired to a certain extent, and to warrant the majority of the crew go into cyro sleep).

Why I'm talking about this is, consider the speed potential of a craft at the time of Halo's construction. Should the flood escape, Halo's primary weapon would not necessarily have to fire at a rate that would instantly wipe out all life, as long as it simply would outrun a craft..I'm saying, what if the flood found a vessel and left Halo--should its weapon be activated, the flood couldn't get anywhere in time to infect more races..the pulse of uber death would beat them to any location. Eh?

Message Index

Replies:

HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Heretic 1/15/03 4:26 p.m.
     Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Poocho 1/15/03 4:28 p.m.
           Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?pete_the_duck 1/15/03 4:41 p.m.
                 Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Heretic 1/15/03 5:04 p.m.
                       Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?pete_the_duck 1/15/03 9:06 p.m.
     Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Ross Mills 1/15/03 4:41 p.m.
           Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Heretic 1/15/03 5:02 p.m.
           Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Poocho 1/15/03 5:03 p.m.
                 Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Ross Mills 1/15/03 5:08 p.m.
                       Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Hipboyscott 1/15/03 5:23 p.m.
                             Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Ross Mills 1/15/03 5:27 p.m.
                                   Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Wado SG 1/15/03 5:34 p.m.
                                         Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Heretic 1/15/03 7:00 p.m.
                                               Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Wado SG 1/15/03 7:23 p.m.
                                                     Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Heretic 1/15/03 9:21 p.m.
     Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Wado SG 1/15/03 5:20 p.m.
           Re: HALO's Pulse: Why worry?Heretic 1/15/03 6:54 p.m.
     Dinosaurs!krazykow66 1/15/03 8:23 p.m.
           Re: Dinosaurs!Heretic 1/15/03 9:26 p.m.
                 Re: Dinosaurs!Exogenesis 1/16/03 5:27 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.