Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journey
Posted By: mrbananas <dgreenwood@lacademy.edu>Date: 12/7/05 4:57 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journey (Peptuck)

: Of course, one has to consider motivations here. Its my personal opinion that
: Truth is not a believer in the Covenant religion and that he's got his own
: ulterior motive. Precisely what that motive is I'm holding out on at the
: moment, because we honestly don't know what that floaty-chaired bastard
: has planned.

: Whatever he's doing, he's doing it with the knowledge that Tartarus is about
: to activate the rings. But precisely what, we don't know.

: In fact, one has to ask this most important question: is Truth even headed
: for the Ark in the first place? We don't necessarily know why he's headed
: for earth. Maybe he is trying to wipe out humanity. Maybe he's not.

: Does Truth even know the Ark exists? This is questionable.

: How long will it take Halo to fire? Why does Truth want Halo to fire in the
: first place?

: Is Earth out of range of Delta Halo? It could very well be, in which case
: activation kills a big chunk of the Elites, eliminates Flood hosts, and
: clears out High Charity.

: I'm not going to try to answer any of these questions at this point, because
: we don't know Truth's real motives.

: Until we know Truth's motives, I'm not going to comment.

: But, I personally do not believe Mercy is forgiving humanity. Why would he at
: that point? Humans are still filthy heretics and unbelievers, Covenant
: civil war or not. The Master Chief is still a demon, a human just killed
: the Prophet of Regret hours previous, and at that point, humanity was
: stated as being "hunted until none remain alive" even when
: Regret was preparing to fire Halo himself.

: There's no reason for Mercy to be forgiving humanity or wanting them to go on
: the Great Journey.

While you are unable to proved motivation for truth to be doing one thing, i have been able to provide motavation for my side. The one of the most important things with crime investation is the motivation. without a motivation, you lose a major piece of support. I have come up with motivation based on other events. and then been able to apply this motivation to explain all of truths seemingly supicous. so while you remain baffled by truths actions. i have found just cause.

going back to the crime scence example. due to lack of knowledge in covenant culture. you can not prove that the pieces of evidence are not just conicidentaly a part of the natural culture. without a movative, or ability to truely defend his actions as supsicous to prove him guilty. and my example of an explainition proving my client truth of capabile of being a believer. If this were a court trial, who do you think has just won?

and as for the MC and mercy. who is the prophet of mercy, MC or mercy. just because mercy was hoping for mercy back do think that means MC will give it fully. MC doesn't have to be mericful, in fact i think he would crave revenge. he has given us pardon, kill him know before he can change his mind.

Also, you mean to say that after the cutscene, you don't crouch all over mercys body, throw grenades at it and empty entire clips.

history of the ark/forerunner/covies/man

Message Index

Replies:

Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/6/05 4:04 p.m.
     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeyjman571 12/6/05 9:08 p.m.
           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/6/05 10:00 p.m.
                 Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeyjman571 12/6/05 10:25 p.m.
           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeysmallwimpykid 12/17/05 11:25 a.m.
     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyHalolover34 12/6/05 11:04 p.m.
           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyCapt_Thanas 12/7/05 6:46 a.m.
                 Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyPeptuck 12/7/05 8:12 a.m.
                       Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyCapt_thanas 12/7/05 1:30 p.m.
                             Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyUriah 12/7/05 1:40 p.m.
           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 12:42 p.m.
                 Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyUriah 12/7/05 1:46 p.m.
                       Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyPeptuck 12/7/05 1:50 p.m.
                             Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 2:46 p.m.
                                   Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyPeptuck 12/7/05 3:16 p.m.
                                         Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyRagashingo 12/7/05 3:23 p.m.
                                               Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 10:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyRagashingo 12/8/05 2:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/8/05 3:38 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyRagashingo 12/8/05 4:26 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/8/05 6:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 4:57 p.m.
                                               ^woopsmrbananas 12/7/05 5:00 p.m.
                       Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 2:33 p.m.
                             Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyPeptuck 12/7/05 2:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 2:52 p.m.
                                         Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyUriah 12/7/05 3:08 p.m.
                                               Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 4:15 p.m.
                                                     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyUriah 12/7/05 5:07 p.m.
                                                           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 6:30 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyUriah 12/9/05 1:10 p.m.
                                         Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyRagashingo 12/7/05 3:16 p.m.
                                               Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 4:25 p.m.
                                                     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyRagashingo 12/8/05 3:34 p.m.
                                                           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/8/05 4:53 p.m.
                                         Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneyPeptuck 12/7/05 3:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/7/05 4:32 p.m.
     Left behind, other meaning?Freezing Moose 12/9/05 9:52 p.m.
     Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great JourneySedated 12/14/05 11:11 a.m.
           Re: Prophet of Truth and the Great Journeymrbananas 12/14/05 2:49 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.