Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I agree *long*
Posted By: EpyonDate: 12/10/04 2:49 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I agree *long* (Hikaru-119)

[[[I tried very hard not to flame any one in this reply. I'm happy that I'm getting responses, and I'd like to continue this conversation of sorts.]]]

I'm glad you've corrected to me. If I may reply..

I meant in a battle between capital ships in an invasion capacity, like the invasion of Earth would have been. I've read the books and they all agree that it would at the very least be a longshot that we could win. Apparently, now the Covenant know how to make precise jumps so they could just use slipspace to jump into our cities, drop off invasion forces to take out the MAC gun power generators, then glass the entire planet except New Mombosa (like they did at Reach).

And to answer the comment about "I can see earth anytime, but seeing ancient alien rings isn't the kind of thing I have access to." I disagree. You have Halo:CE where you go to an alien ring. Which was my point. Halo 2 has too many similiarities to Halo:CE, in my opinion. The level design, the level objectives, etc... The only real difference is that you're playing as an Elite for half the game. And why should it maintain the same environments as Halo:CE? I don't want to play Halo:CE Reloaded. I wanted to play Halo 2 where I go to new planets, defend Earth, whatever. I guess they decided that game with Halo in it's title should probably have a bulk of the story take place on a Halo ring. Which, in my eyes, is disappointing. If you read the books, there's a huge and richly detailed universe. There's a tremendous amount of possibilities for stories. It's a pity that we only get to spend time on the Halo rings.

I guess one way I can confer my opinion is to ask this, "If Halo 3 opened with a battle on Earth, but the remaining Prophet on the Forerunner ship bugs out with you still on it and goes to another Halo where you again go to the Library and stage an Assault on the Control Room, etc.. would you be happy? Would you like the game that's to a very large degree a repeat of the previous game?" I wouldn't. Only my opinion, of course.

And I did pay attention to the dialogue. I've beaten the game twice now and am half way through the campaign on Legendary. But will no one answer this question:

Why did Regret show up with only 12 or so ships when the Covenant had already planned to send 500 to invade Earth? That's what doesn't make sense to me.

If some one could answer that then it would greatly improve my view of Halo 2's story.

There are other things that don't make sense (like if the Ark is where you go to activate all the Halo's once they are in standby mode, then why go to Earth first? Shouldn't you go to a Halo first, then go to the Ark?). I'm not going to comment on stuff like that because I assume that confusion like that will be cleared up in Halo 3.

Bottom line: It's still a good game. But it's definitely not what it could have been in my eyes.

Message Index

Replies:

The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did. *SP*Sep7imus [subnova] 12/10/04 8:06 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did. Vorpal Sword 12/10/04 8:36 a.m.
     Hmm...Ducain 12/10/04 8:54 a.m.
           Agreed *NM*Andrew Nagy 12/10/04 9:42 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did. Warbow 12/10/04 9:00 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Captain Spark 12/10/04 9:08 a.m.
     I agree *long*Epyon 12/10/04 9:11 a.m.
           Re: I agree *long*Zaknafein 12/10/04 11:57 a.m.
                 Re: I agree *long*Sep7imus [subnova] 12/10/04 12:22 p.m.
           Re: I agree *long*Hikaru-119 12/10/04 12:16 p.m.
                 Re: I agree *long*Epyon 12/10/04 2:49 p.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Ma1agate 12/10/04 9:27 a.m.
     Secrecy=good, Hype=badScanner Darkly 12/10/04 9:32 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did. Ross Mills [subnova] 12/10/04 9:37 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.madcowjim 12/10/04 9:50 a.m.
           Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Lakhesis 12/10/04 1:40 p.m.
                 Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Sep7imus [subnova] 12/10/04 1:54 p.m.
                       Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Lakhesis 12/10/04 3:35 p.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Clefton Twain 12/10/04 11:07 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did. Eric 12/10/04 3:51 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.