glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.
Posted By: Lakhesis <lakhesis@gmail.com>Date: 12/10/04 1:40 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did. (madcowjim)

: I think Halo's storyline was hurt even more by ilovebees.com . To me,
: ilovebees was a deep and engaging emotional story that gave us a new
: perspective on the covenant. If ilovebees had a such a great story, I
: could only imagine how deep and engaging Halo 2 would be.

: I was dissapointed.

I was hoping for ILB to be highly interconnected with Halo 2 - I was expecting it to the point when the commecials started coming out, I thought the voicover done by Miranda was Durga. Swore up and down to the fact.

I wasn't really let down by the hype. The first time through was absolutely stunning, start to finish. I was surprised by the ending, but only because I'd heard that Bungie wasn't going to be doing a 3rd game in the series. Now it looks like that's almost inevitable, but that's slightly beside the point.

Captain Spark is onto something, I think. There's a fundamental difference between Halo and Halo 2's measure of the MC - in Halo, I always felt, even on Legendary, that I was outfitted w/roughly the same equipment as the Elites. On Legendary, one Elite was a match for me - I'd win, but it would be moderately close. If there were more than one, then I had to pull out all the stops: stickies, plasma pistol/shotgun, melee... if I left out one of those, then I was going to get my face kicked in. Not (seemingly) because the equipment that was equal to the Elites on a different setting was suddenly weaker, but because they were utilizing said equipment much more efficiently. They were more accurate, had a higher rate of fire, and generally had more situational awareness. I had the same equipment - I just had to be more accurate, shoot faster and be more aware than they were.

In Halo 2, that doesn't seem to be the case on higher difficulties. Between what I've heard others say and my own experiences, Halo 2 scales back the shield capabilities and ups the damage that enemies do. Maybe I just haven't played enough, but it seems that just being more accurate, having a higher rate of fire and being more aware may not make up the difference.

Message Index

Replies:

The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did. *SP*Sep7imus [subnova] 12/10/04 8:06 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did. Vorpal Sword 12/10/04 8:36 a.m.
     Hmm...Ducain 12/10/04 8:54 a.m.
           Agreed *NM*Andrew Nagy 12/10/04 9:42 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did. Warbow 12/10/04 9:00 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Captain Spark 12/10/04 9:08 a.m.
     I agree *long*Epyon 12/10/04 9:11 a.m.
           Re: I agree *long*Zaknafein 12/10/04 11:57 a.m.
                 Re: I agree *long*Sep7imus [subnova] 12/10/04 12:22 p.m.
           Re: I agree *long*Hikaru-119 12/10/04 12:16 p.m.
                 Re: I agree *long*Epyon 12/10/04 2:49 p.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Ma1agate 12/10/04 9:27 a.m.
     Secrecy=good, Hype=badScanner Darkly 12/10/04 9:32 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did. Ross Mills [subnova] 12/10/04 9:37 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.madcowjim 12/10/04 9:50 a.m.
           Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Lakhesis 12/10/04 1:40 p.m.
                 Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Sep7imus [subnova] 12/10/04 1:54 p.m.
                       Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Lakhesis 12/10/04 3:35 p.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did.Clefton Twain 12/10/04 11:07 a.m.
     Re: The hype didn't hurt Halo 2. The secrecy did. Eric 12/10/04 3:51 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.