| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Err.. (or "Shots in the Dark from an Idiot&qu

Posted By: Section 8
Date: 13 June 2001, 22:33

In Response To: A river of advent (Chelsea Bridge)

Uh, I'm a complete moron and barely know what's going on here, but on the off chance this was a clue rather than a congradulatory message...

"advent" means a start or commencement, appropriate as the solution to the glyphs was "arrival." But when capitalized ("Advent") it reffers (according to this dictionary anyway) to the coming of Christ into the world, or the penitential period beginning four Sundays before Christmas, or the Second Coming. Don't know the Bible, but has anyone checked for notable waterways related to this?

Looking up "river" I find it reffered to the constellation Eridanus. Else, if the definition "rive" is used, it would reffer to one who tears or splits something apart.

And the only other lead I can think of involves that webpage with the password entry thing. I've read the "Arrival" terminals were being combed for tips, but is anyone digging through the "Try Again" term, as you get this message with an incorrect password?

Ah. After "river" in this book is "Rivera", for Diego Rivera (1886-1957), a Mexican painter. Just thought I'd add that to the growing pile of Latin American connections.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.