/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon 1 Redux
Posted By: Shining RavenDate: 2/22/19 2:36 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon 1 Redux (Lion O Cyborg)

: I think Jason only did that for Robert Blake as they
: didn't have either time, or resources to do something better.

Something better than an actual photograph? What could possibly be... video? That's possible with Aleph One I believe. Interesting idea. For that to work I'd need to also make a pair of Enforcer costumes and recruit two more actors though.

: Infinity removed Blake's digitised human photograph entirely so as not to

You never communicate directly with Blake in Infinity IIRC, so there's no need to show him. Also, Jason Jones was not a member of Double-Aught.

: He knew it was a bad idea and apologised for it in the credits terminal.

"I'm real sorry for being Blake" could mean a couple different things. I interpreted it as self-depreciating sarcasm for making us have to look at his face, in which case, I'll make the same apology for being Gorvich.

: but it just looks like arse in the actual game

You're the first I've heard this opinion from. Several people have said the same about the animé, and since I'm doing this democratically for the most part, you'll have to convince more Marathon fans of this viewpoint.

: they'd have been great as a visual signature in his section of... credits

Except, he didn't choose to do it that way.

: Maybe the latest build of Marathon Redux could have either the anime style
: portraits or the digitised actor method as the default setting, and have
: the option to change them to the opposite in a script or plugin, whichever
: works better for terminal images without bugs. That would allow the best
: of both worlds, as I prefer and want the former method but I don't want
: any work towards the latter to go to waste.

That's not possible as far as I understand how plugins work. You'd need a whole separate map file.

: This script/plugin, depending on what is chosen for the main images, would
: respectively be called Pfhor Degrees C Edition or Apogee Edition.

WTF? No.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChapterLion O Cyborg 1/31/19 11:42 a.m.
     Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaVikingBoyBilly 2/2/19 4:49 p.m.
           Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/3/19 6:55 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaVikingBoyBilly 2/3/19 6:57 a.m.
                       Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/3/19 7:17 a.m.
                             Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaShining Raven 2/3/19 10:45 a.m.
                                   Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/4/19 2:49 a.m.
                                         Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/4/19 9:16 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/7/19 12:50 p.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/7/19 5:33 p.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/22/19 1:12 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/22/19 2:36 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/22/19 3:17 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Marathon 1 ReduxBob-B-Q 2/23/19 10:31 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/24/19 3:05 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxVikingBoyBilly 2/23/19 7:46 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/23/19 11:15 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/24/19 3:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon 1 ReduxVikingBoyBilly 2/23/19 7:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/24/19 3:04 a.m.
           Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final Chaxcalibur 2/4/19 3:03 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/4/19 3:20 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.