/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon 1 Redux
Posted By: Shining RavenDate: 2/7/19 5:33 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon 1 Redux (Lion O Cyborg)

: Is this a part of Welend 1.4.4?

Yes

: I certainly like them. The anime style portraits not only make me think
: Back to the terminal logs, they also make me think of the original text
: logs in System Shock 1's floppy disk version, which survive to this day in
: the Enhanced Edition.

Maybe, but M2 set the standard for recordings to be actual photographs. I plan on keeping Radix's enforcers, with myself added to the frame in place of the BoB.

: There's also a mini space walk on Blaspheme Quarantine

Ooohh, right. I shall add a note to the TODO to control that area with Lua instead of sewage so I don't forget.

: I'll also need to see the tutorial
: on LUA to see how I could best use it for personal stuff

I don't know of any tutorial? I started just by modifying other scripts, and reading the Lua documentation that comes with A1, with a healthy sprinkling of Yandexing for more general lua functions like the math library.

: Is the platform light on the door to the room with a wind
: sound applied?

There's a sound object for the wind, whose volume is set to a light, which is applied to a platform you can't see, that is set to activate & deactivate lights on start/end and open only once, which is activated by opening the adjacent door.

: The manual said that the upper floors had to extend
: past the basement and not share the same vetices, but I saw evidence to
: the contrary

The manual's explains how to make overlapping areas easily, but once you've made them, you can move the points around where you like. Open "S'pht'ia" from the latest Eternal in Weland to see some particularly egregious examples of several points sharing the same x,y coordinates all over the place. That level was a real pain to set up, but it really paid off to be able to create those stunning views.

: They still have an annoying tendancy
: to block the halls however and there's only so many punches they can take
:
: The bomb doesn't seem to have been implemented to Shake Before Using yet
: it's just an Alpha so I don't mind. I'm not sure whether it's meant to
: appear on the good branch or bad branch yet.

Restructuring hallways to allow BoBs to pass, the bomb on Shake Before Using, and the branching plotline are all planned but not yet implemented. At minimum an implementation of the branching plotline will be mandatory before I move into the beta phase.

: The lava sound is brought into M1 but sadly the liquid isn't transparent
: the setting is switched on (it only seems to apply to water and sewage,
: mostly the latter) so I don't get my beloved M1A1 magma shimmering
: illusion. There's no way to force lava to appear transparent in M1 Redux
: either. :(

There is transparency in the latest build on Git, see here for screenshots:
http://pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?p=185868#p185868

: teleporter itself has been removed completely, turning it into a honey pot
: trap and forcing you to suicide to get out. I don't like that. I'd rather
: have the secret restored without being a point of no return.

Opinions will vary. Apparently, the ability to access those weapons was hated enough that it was completely removed from the last builds of M1A1. Personally, I'm a big fan of traps and teasers.

: I was wondering why there is a second
: ACC in the pattern buffer room?

That is a bug which I believe I have fixed in the latest git. Scenery objects had to be reassigned when I converted maps to M1R, some slipped through the cracks.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChapterLion O Cyborg 1/31/19 11:42 a.m.
     Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaVikingBoyBilly 2/2/19 4:49 p.m.
           Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/3/19 6:55 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaVikingBoyBilly 2/3/19 6:57 a.m.
                       Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/3/19 7:17 a.m.
                             Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaShining Raven 2/3/19 10:45 a.m.
                                   Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/4/19 2:49 a.m.
                                         Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/4/19 9:16 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/7/19 12:50 p.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/7/19 5:33 p.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/22/19 1:12 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/22/19 2:36 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/22/19 3:17 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Marathon 1 ReduxBob-B-Q 2/23/19 10:31 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/24/19 3:05 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxVikingBoyBilly 2/23/19 7:46 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/23/19 11:15 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/24/19 3:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon 1 ReduxVikingBoyBilly 2/23/19 7:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/24/19 3:04 a.m.
           Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final Chaxcalibur 2/4/19 3:03 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/4/19 3:20 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.