/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon 1 Redux
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 2/22/19 3:17 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon 1 Redux (Shining Raven)

: That's not possible as far as I understand how plugins work. You'd need a
: whole separate map file.

An alternate map would be fine then. Just as a separate download: download the manga style portraits map file, back up the original sceA file, replace the original with the new one if you want to use it, then delete the manga one and put the original back when you want to play the original instead. It's no different to how Marathon 1 music replacement works, e.g. Craig's remixes or the modern Quicktime MIDI tracks. (2013, not 3.0)

: WTF? No.

Yes, actually. "Pfhor Degrees C Edition" is a pun on Studio 4°C which made Thundercats 2011, the series which General Radix's manga style of drawing reminds me of.

"Apogee Edition" is a reference to the company that made Rise of the Triad*, whose 2.5D original and full 3D remake by Slipgate studios use digitised actors. The actors in that are fine as they seem to blend in the art style of that game better. Maybe Marathon will end up OK if it does the same after all. I just don't want the old alpha art to go to waste either as it is also really good. For it looking terrible in M2, it was more that Jason's images were sloppily made anyway, as the even if his poses were good, the background was clearly the Bungie Chicago office, with no effort made to make it resemble the Bob's base. That would have made it better.

*Technically, the original ROTT was made by a small team with Apogee calling themselves "the developers of incredible power".

I'd still like the option to have both, even if it's harder to do so than I thought. Even if an alternate log images WAD isn't ultimately feasible at all there is at least always future mods in general so it shouldn't be as big a loss as I seemed to make it out to be.

I could always experiment with Atique and the terminal script in the current build (the one I'm playing I mean) to make one from scratch, but that's just a personal project to try in the future.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChapterLion O Cyborg 1/31/19 11:42 a.m.
     Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaVikingBoyBilly 2/2/19 4:49 p.m.
           Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/3/19 6:55 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaVikingBoyBilly 2/3/19 6:57 a.m.
                       Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/3/19 7:17 a.m.
                             Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaShining Raven 2/3/19 10:45 a.m.
                                   Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/4/19 2:49 a.m.
                                         Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/4/19 9:16 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/7/19 12:50 p.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/7/19 5:33 p.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/22/19 1:12 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/22/19 2:36 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/22/19 3:17 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Marathon 1 ReduxBob-B-Q 2/23/19 10:31 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/24/19 3:05 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxVikingBoyBilly 2/23/19 7:46 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Marathon 1 ReduxShining Raven 2/23/19 11:15 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/24/19 3:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon 1 ReduxVikingBoyBilly 2/23/19 7:44 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 1 ReduxLion O Cyborg 2/24/19 3:04 a.m.
           Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final Chaxcalibur 2/4/19 3:03 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways into Darkness Tour of Duty: Final ChaLion O Cyborg 2/4/19 3:20 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.