glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Will there be a strong connection between...
Posted By: Mooreberg <mooreberg@comcast.net>Date: 7/18/03 9:57 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Will there be a strong connection between... (Mr. Mongoose)

: But what I think Mooreberg was getting at is that the Brutes evolved on a
: planet similar to earth. they followed an evolutionary path similar to
: humans, except they took a different turn when they got to the gorilla
: part of evolution. (instead of losing hair and gaining intelligence they
: lost intelligence and became very strong) But they are still smart enough
: to hold religous beliefs and operate weapons/ drive ghosts.

Yup, that's exactly what I was getting at, but did not word it particularly well. I just get the impression that Brutes and Humans had similar stages of Evolution early on, and then took differing paths whether it was due to environment, atmosphere, whatever. I guess an easier way of putting it is that purple blood aside, they're the only covenant race we've seen that could be classified as being a mammal. Elites seem somewhat reptilian in nature, but being able to fight well in the snow during AotC leads me to believe they are not cold-blooded. Perhaps applying this train of thought to life forms from other planets wouldn't even work.

As far as the mention of reclaimer, that should be disregarded. I glanced over "the flood" while at the mall today and Mabuto was definately human. Although I don't think 343 GS ran any type of bioscan, since he just mentions combat skin to Master Chief. And the vague reference of the "the other species" that's trying to access restricted areas doesn't really settle any speculation. In fact, saying "the other species" leads me to believe Spark was only aware of humans and ONE of the Covenant races... maybe. I think I'll settle with the similarity between Brutes and human evolution being indicative of a cool plot point in Halo 2. :-)

Message Index

Replies:

Will there be a strong connection between...Mooreberg 7/18/03 5:03 a.m.
     Re: Will there be a strong connection between...Infininja 7/18/03 5:59 a.m.
           Re: Will there be a strong connection between...Mr. Mongoose 7/18/03 6:31 a.m.
                 Re: Will there be a strong connection between...Infininja 7/18/03 8:51 a.m.
                       Re: Will there be a strong connection between...Mr. Mongoose 7/18/03 8:56 a.m.
                             Re: Will there be a strong connection between...Infininja 7/18/03 9:34 a.m.
                                   Re: Will there be a strong connection between...Mr. Mongoose 7/18/03 9:43 a.m.
                                         Re: Will there be a strong connection between...Infininja 7/18/03 9:55 a.m.
                                               Re: Will there be a strong connection between...Mr. Mongoose 7/18/03 11:53 a.m.
                 Re: Will there be a strong connection between...Mooreberg 7/18/03 9:57 p.m.
                       Re: Will there be a strong connection between...Mr. Mongoose 7/19/03 12:06 a.m.
                             Re: Will there be a strong connection between...Infininja 7/20/03 3:15 p.m.
           E tu Brutes...er...whateverBoxer [subnova] 7/18/03 9:41 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.