Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: This is gonna sound ....err....
Posted By: guy who doesn't post....too often <brandonrpsu@yahoo.com>Date: 7/17/03 6:23 p.m.

In Response To: Re: This is gonna sound ....err.... (Louis Wu)

: You're welcome to your opinion. In fact, you're welcome to back up your
: opinion with actions. (Those actions can include actually HELPING build
: the new tricks section, or choosing to spend your Halo web time at a
: website that more closely matches your idea of what's interesting.)

: I've pretty much said my piece, however. I have full access to the logs, and
: know EXACTLY where interest lies. And I know my own limitations.

I'm happy to help, with money anyhow. I cannot see a point investing my time in mastering something that others have mastered already to a degree I could never attain. I can guarantee you that there is several hundred people that would gladly donate 20$ to this site. I know you have a no-money policy, but seriously, it would help make this kinda stuff more justifiable. You're the captain of this ship. By all means run it your way, I was simply stating what I "thought" were the opinions of the majority.

HOWEVER, you may have access to all the logs, but there hasn't been an update to the tricks section in quite some time. So, just how exactly did you uncover the interest of your site-viewers when there was no recent material for them to see?

I know I haven't checked the tricks log in months. I used to check it daily,and it was updated about once a week. I'm certain hits for the tricks section DIED when it stopped being updated. I wasn't telling you what to do, I was merely stating that I have no interest in fan-fiction and little interest in artwork or sound snippets compared to my HUGE fascination with tricks. Everyone I talk to, in real life and xbc, especially when they see my tag ([HBO]KingPin), the first thing they say is how awesome the tricks are here.

These people now expect me to elaborate on these tricks. I start to, and then usually link them to something to save me the trouble.

Louis, do you have any idea how fast the "Chill Out Behind-the-Glass trick" spread?

In the last week since the trick, I have been berated by over three dozen seperate people while playing XBC and I DID NOT BRING IT UP. They said "Hey! do you know the new Chill Out trick?!!??!!" I say "yes as a matter of fact, I was the reason that it got such publicity." They don't believe me but then I point them to my site and the trick at my video's page and they usually shut up.

Nobody has ever once asked me in real life or online about fan fiction(or artwork)

Not to say it isnt praised and enjoyed. I imagine it is by some, all my point was that it isn't as revered as the tricks. I'm quite sure a lot of people come here for the tips n tricks and stay for the good people, great conversation, and yes, fanfic.:)

My XBOX

Message Index

Replies:

Hey Louisdalecooper 7/17/03 4:23 p.m.
     Re: Hey LouisLouis Wu 7/17/03 5:15 p.m.
           ...wow...goatrope 7/17/03 5:25 p.m.
                 This is gonna sound ....err....guy who doesn't post....too often 7/17/03 5:40 p.m.
                       Re: This is gonna sound ....err....Louis Wu 7/17/03 5:46 p.m.
                             Re: This is gonna sound ....err....guy who doesn't post....too often 7/17/03 6:23 p.m.
                                   Mr Wu U R greatly appreciated, and I would donate$ *NM*decibel 7/17/03 7:23 p.m.
                                         The Wu is too old fasioned...Shishka 7/17/03 7:27 p.m.
                                               I try to be nice and I get insulted Thanks Shishka *NM*decibel 7/17/03 7:32 p.m.
                                                     Humor 101Shishka 7/17/03 7:39 p.m.
                                                           Re: Humor 101BOLL 7/17/03 8:03 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Humor 101Shishka 7/17/03 8:05 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Humor 101BOLL 7/17/03 8:46 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Humor 101bikeman704 7/17/03 11:27 p.m.
                                                           I guess I wouldn't turn down money, especially....decibel 7/18/03 2:27 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I guess I wouldn't turn down money, especiallyLouis Wu 7/18/03 3:24 p.m.
                                   Re: This is gonna sound ....err....AJ Mendoza 7/17/03 10:08 p.m.
                 Re: ...wow...dizzy 7/17/03 5:47 p.m.
           Re: Hey Louisdeanero 7/17/03 5:47 p.m.
           Re: Hey Louis :)Wado SG 7/17/03 5:59 p.m.
           Re: Hey Louisdalecooper 7/17/03 6:29 p.m.
                 Re: Hey LouisLouis Wu 7/17/03 9:33 p.m.
           Louis...Ross Mills 7/17/03 6:30 p.m.
                 Re: Louis...dizzy 7/17/03 6:43 p.m.
                       A HA ! now i found him :)vshields ash 7/17/03 8:37 p.m.
                             Re: A HA ! now i found him :)Louis Wu 7/17/03 9:30 p.m.
                             Re: A HA ! now i found him :)dizzy 7/17/03 9:56 p.m.
           Holy crap...Konrad9 7/17/03 10:06 p.m.
           Re: Hey LouisElfster 7/21/03 5:37 p.m.
                 Re: Hey LouisLouis Wu 7/27/03 7:37 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.