Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: FanFest Memories...
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 5/21/03 5:38 p.m.

In Response To: FanFest Memories... (SketchFactor)

: Yo - For those of you who were able to attend FanFest this year, I was
: wondering if you'd be willing to share a memorable moment or experience
: with me. I'm working on an overall recap of the event and I'd love some
: testimonials to include.

: Personally, the highlight for me was just getting a chance to meet a bunch of
: cool guys from the community. (and pretending to talk about the Matrix
: every time Louis Wu entered the area just to get him fired up) =)

Yeah, well, I've seen it now - you can't get me any more! Nyah, nyah...

(Didn't you love that time when -

oh, never mind.)

Memorable experience - I don't think there was just one. Hmm... maybe watching Jaime making a train wreck out of the 'put-together-schwag-bags-for-attendees' process... and watching Alta show off some pretty serious people-organizing skills to get us all back on track. :) Or heading out to the lobby to find replacement bags (the actual bags themselves didn't come in with the rest of the schwag; we were gonna steal E3 Xbox bags that had been in the lobby all day...), finding nothing, coming back, and getting verbally assaulted by the entire Psyjnir crew, standing in the front of the very long line to get in. (Blue shirts with Issy love on the front... super-cool. Pics coming soon, I hope.)

Or watching what looked like the entire Bungie contingent playing Conker while waiting for the fanfest to start; Mig's got some cool footage of this, it might be worth putting up a movie sometime.

Or just getting to hang out and watch the crowds enjoying the festivities; I don't think a single thing went really wrong. (There were things that didn't go as planned... but none of them were disasters. The bags we were looking to replace ended up coming in before 7, so there was still time to fill 'em all.)

I met a boatload of people I knew only online. Without exception, they turned out to be fun people. (Well, okay, mnemesis might be an exception... oh, wait, I already knew him personally. Never mind.)

Catching Jen at the end of the evening, for a quick signing of my Cortana headshot... she was in the middle of writing one, but there wasn't anyone waiting for it. She said, "It says, 'I really do love you. I'm not kidding.' It's for my boyfriend." I said, jokingly, "You could write that on mine, if you wanted."

So she did.

And as I worried what my wife might say about this, she followed it up with "Don't worry, I'm just a holograph."

Hehe - or going out for drinks with a bunch of fans and a couple of Bungie employees, walking in to Trader Vic's at midnight, and being told by the small asian maitre d' "Last round!" "But our friends aren't even here yet!" we protested. "No, they can't order - too late," he said.

So we left, and walked around the corner to the Beverly Hilton, where the Bungie guys (and Elan Sleazbagano) were staying - and we were nearly run over by the maitre d' flying out of the Trader Vic's parking garage.

And then we got into the lounge of the Hilton, and ordered drinks and pizza... and Mig fell asleep. :)

Okay, time to shut up. I gotta go work on content people want to see. :)

Message Index

Replies:

FanFest Memories...SketchFactor 5/21/03 3:42 p.m.
     Re: FanFest Memories...Shishka 5/21/03 4:19 p.m.
     Re: FanFest Memories...Gholsbane 5/21/03 4:21 p.m.
     "My Fanfest Memory", By CleftonClefton Twain 5/21/03 4:35 p.m.
     Re: FanFest Memories...CENOBITE 5/21/03 4:43 p.m.
     I was there...BOLL 5/21/03 4:52 p.m.
     Re: FanFest Memories...deanero 5/21/03 4:53 p.m.
           Re: FanFest Memories...Gholsbane 5/21/03 5:03 p.m.
           Re: FanFest Memories...Anim8rJB 5/21/03 8:23 p.m.
                 Re: FanFest Memories...deanero 5/22/03 10:52 a.m.
     Re: FanFest Memories...Louis Wu 5/21/03 5:38 p.m.
     Re: FanFest Memories...CYBRFRK 5/21/03 5:59 p.m.
     Re: FanFest Memories...mnemesis 5/21/03 7:08 p.m.
           Re: FanFest Memories...deanero 5/21/03 7:22 p.m.
           I suddenly feel so young...BLown-Upp 5/21/03 7:27 p.m.
           Re: FanFest Memories...R.G. 5/21/03 9:07 p.m.
     Re: FanFest Memories...Elan Sleazbagano 5/21/03 9:04 p.m.
     Re: FanFest Memories...The Shrike 5/22/03 1:32 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.