Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: the only problem with that...
Posted By: Miguel Chavez <bs@bungie.org>Date: 8/6/02 4:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: the only problem with that... (Patroclus)

: Think Bungie could be slipping into this category? I mean, they've been done
: with Halo for 9 months and haven't even officially announced that they're
: working on ANY projects at the moment.

: (And before you reach for that flamethrower, *I* know that they're working on
: Phoenix and Halo {2/live/online/babies}... but someone who isn't an ardent
: fan isn't going to know squat about Bungie's next project. I would be
: thrilled for there to be an announcement, but after following Halo from
: the MWNY announcement through release, I would prefer Bungie to keep their
: cards close to their vest and announce the game 6 months before release
: instead of several years.)

I'm not sure I understand if you're complaining or not. At first I think you are and then at the end it seems like you're not. :)

We are a different category then 99% of the world out there... we know that Bungie is an entity within MS. Everyone else sees it all as one big umbrella labeled MS GAMES/XBOX. So yes, I'm suggesting that by merging into MS's campus, Bungie doesn't have to worry about keeping the 'buzz' going, at least in terms of the outside media and the like... within the halls... the juries still out on that, I haven't a clue what sort of hoops, real or virtual, they have to jump through to keep MS happy/at bay. I think it's safe to suggest that Alex did alot of that, and now he's gone. :( Who will fill his small shoes? Time will tell, obviously.

So yes, back on topic... I like that they're holding their cards close to their chest and not announcing anything until they really feel confident about it. i got plenty of other games to play and truth be told, I still find Halo takes up a good portion of my gaming time. Esp. with this national tourney and all that.

: there may be other reasons too

When I see a picture of Jason Jones arriving to work in a stretch limousine, or even a HUMVEE, I'd consider that possibility. If you saw the attire the guys had at E3, I don't think we can start pointing the "OMG GREEDY MONEYBAGS!" finger at them yet. :)

I'd never flame you buddy, arguments with brains behind them don't deserve the flamethrower.

Message Index

Replies:

New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itPCDestroyer 8/6/02 11:24 a.m.
     Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itJacke 8/6/02 12:10 p.m.
           Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itPCDestroyer 8/6/02 12:19 p.m.
                 two words and a number: Red Alert 2oddworld18 8/6/02 12:29 p.m.
                 the only problem with that...Miguel Chavez 8/6/02 1:15 p.m.
                       Re: the only problem with that...Patroclus 8/6/02 2:01 p.m.
                             two live online babies??? where!!?! *NM*oddworld18 8/6/02 2:22 p.m.
                             Re: the only problem with that...Miguel Chavez 8/6/02 4:55 p.m.
                                   Re: the only problem with that...Patroclus 8/6/02 5:37 p.m.
                 Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, *NM* *NM*SnipersLaww 8/6/02 2:09 p.m.
                       Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense,PCDestroyer 8/6/02 3:02 p.m.
                             Clear, concise, and to the point. *NM*NthDegree256 8/7/02 1:38 a.m.
     Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itPCDestroyer 8/6/02 4:05 p.m.
           Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itMiguel Chavez 8/6/02 4:37 p.m.
                 Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itLouis Wu 8/6/02 5:30 p.m.
                       Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read it*Ar-Isildur of *WP* 8/6/02 5:37 p.m.
                             Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itLouis Wu 8/6/02 5:40 p.m.
                                   Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read it*Ar-Isildur of *WP* 8/6/02 5:44 p.m.
                                         Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itLouis Wu 8/6/02 5:51 p.m.
                                               Bungie has already mentionted making Halo 2Jeffb2006 8/6/02 5:56 p.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie has already mentionted making Halo 2Louis Wu 8/6/02 6:14 p.m.
                                               Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read it*Ar-Isildur of *WP* 8/6/02 5:57 p.m.
                                                     you guys crack me up! :) *NM*Miguel Chavez 8/7/02 12:48 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.