Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: the only problem with that...
Posted By: Patroclus <billg@ucdavis.edu>Date: 8/6/02 2:01 p.m.

In Response To: the only problem with that... (Miguel Chavez)

: I think this is a large part of where you
: find companies *having* to say something, or else risk looking like a
: dormant company that's doing nothing for years at a stretch.

Think Bungie could be slipping into this category? I mean, they've been done with Halo for 9 months and haven't even officially announced that they're working on ANY projects at the moment.

(And before you reach for that flamethrower, *I* know that they're working on Phoenix and Halo {2/live/online/babies}... but someone who isn't an ardent fan isn't going to know squat about Bungie's next project. I would be thrilled for there to be an announcement, but after following Halo from the MWNY announcement through release, I would prefer Bungie to keep their cards close to their vest and announce the game 6 months before release instead of several years.)

: That might be another reason why Bungie and others see the attraction
: in getting merged into a bigger company, so as to have something to
: distract others while they're busy doing their own thing.

There may be other reasons too.

Message Index

Replies:

New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itPCDestroyer 8/6/02 11:24 a.m.
     Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itJacke 8/6/02 12:10 p.m.
           Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itPCDestroyer 8/6/02 12:19 p.m.
                 two words and a number: Red Alert 2oddworld18 8/6/02 12:29 p.m.
                 the only problem with that...Miguel Chavez 8/6/02 1:15 p.m.
                       Re: the only problem with that...Patroclus 8/6/02 2:01 p.m.
                             two live online babies??? where!!?! *NM*oddworld18 8/6/02 2:22 p.m.
                             Re: the only problem with that...Miguel Chavez 8/6/02 4:55 p.m.
                                   Re: the only problem with that...Patroclus 8/6/02 5:37 p.m.
                 Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, *NM* *NM*SnipersLaww 8/6/02 2:09 p.m.
                       Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense,PCDestroyer 8/6/02 3:02 p.m.
                             Clear, concise, and to the point. *NM*NthDegree256 8/7/02 1:38 a.m.
     Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itPCDestroyer 8/6/02 4:05 p.m.
           Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itMiguel Chavez 8/6/02 4:37 p.m.
                 Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itLouis Wu 8/6/02 5:30 p.m.
                       Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read it*Ar-Isildur of *WP* 8/6/02 5:37 p.m.
                             Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itLouis Wu 8/6/02 5:40 p.m.
                                   Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read it*Ar-Isildur of *WP* 8/6/02 5:44 p.m.
                                         Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read itLouis Wu 8/6/02 5:51 p.m.
                                               Bungie has already mentionted making Halo 2Jeffb2006 8/6/02 5:56 p.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie has already mentionted making Halo 2Louis Wu 8/6/02 6:14 p.m.
                                               Re: New Rumor: about Halo 2, no nonsense, read it*Ar-Isildur of *WP* 8/6/02 5:57 p.m.
                                                     you guys crack me up! :) *NM*Miguel Chavez 8/7/02 12:48 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.