Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: You have it wrong, methinks...
Posted By: MacDDate: 4/18/02 2:33 a.m.

In Response To: You have it wrong, methinks... (Miguel Chavez)

: There was no information for quite awhile... but then things behind the
: scenes started to 'kick-in' and Matt began to dole out the weekly updates.
: I believe the same has to happen now with the PC/Mac version of Halo.

(this also in response to Louis Wu's post) Thing is, that that info blackout made a lot of PR sense...you make a statement at the beginning of devellopment to get the ball rolling, to atract investors, and to get some hype (in the good sense of the word) out. However, you can't keep the interest at a high level throughout the years-long development cycle (if you do, interest will just peter of slowly until it dies). Thus you go incommunicado for a while, only to resurface a couple of months before you think you're ready to go gold to rekindle the interest (which is still latently hiding in the back of peoples minds) and to push it to a peak by the time it goes gold.

Now however, we know the what and how of HALO. We want it on our pc's, and only a little hype is neccessary by the time it goes on sale (for the *gasp* uninitiated, ie, those who have no idea what halo is). We (or at least I) just want to know what the hold-up is. Be kept in the loop, as it where...

: There something I don't think folks here realize... there's been no
: 'official' announcement yet from Bungie on the port. There's been promises
: and assurances which counts for a hell of a lot, but until Bungie/MS
: actually makes the requisite announcement to the press, Matt can't
: overstep his bounds.

Hmmm, that makes a lot of sense...I didn't think of that before.

: I hope folks don't misinterpret the above and think I'm stating it ain't
: coming out or something like that; far from it, just that in these kind of
: projects, things have to be done in a certain order.

Although it is nice to read about Matt blowing his lid every time someone asks him ;)

: As I've been saying for a long time now, wait til E3. It's only 1 month away.
: I'm sure Bungie will have alot of things to say then. If we're lucky,
: maybe sooner, but E3 *has* to be a day of announcements of some sort.

: The above is all IMO, of course.

Gotta agree with all of you'se. I'm just saying it would be nice to know what's going on. I liked those weekly(ish) updates with the techtalk and inside glances into Bungie, and I think that a load of people would settle down if they got that kind of thing again. Me, I'm patiently awaiting the moment I get to blow stuff up BLAM!-style, and sensible enough to know I will, at one point. But I also kinda understand why people are upset (although they have no reeason to be).

Message Index

Replies:

the death of a german community - the how and whyUriel 4/15/02 3:27 p.m.
     Re: the death of a german community - the how and Count Zero 4/15/02 6:20 p.m.
           Re: the death of a german community - the how andUriel 4/16/02 1:42 a.m.
                 Re: the death of a german community - the how andCount Zero 4/16/02 2:28 a.m.
     Re: the death of a german community - the how and Gabrys 4/15/02 6:27 p.m.
           Re: the death of a german community - the how andMatt 4/15/02 8:56 p.m.
                 Re: the death of a german community - the how andPatroclus 4/15/02 9:31 p.m.
                       Re: the death of a german community - the how andLouis Wu 4/15/02 9:41 p.m.
     Re: the death of a german community - the how and MacD 4/17/02 5:01 a.m.
           Re: the death of a german community - the how andLouis Wu 4/17/02 7:45 a.m.
           You have it wrong, methinks...Miguel Chavez 4/17/02 11:07 a.m.
                 Re: You have it wrong, methinks...Gabrys 4/17/02 12:00 p.m.
                       Re: You have it wrong, methinks...Miguel Chavez 4/17/02 1:34 p.m.
                             Re: You have it wrong, methinks...Gabrys 4/17/02 3:24 p.m.
                 Re: You have it wrong, methinks...MacD 4/18/02 2:33 a.m.
                       Re: You have it wrong, methinks...Gabrys 4/18/02 3:52 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.