Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: the death of a german community - the how and
Posted By: Gabrys <sysrq@poczta.onet.pl>Date: 4/15/02 6:27 p.m.

In Response To: the death of a german community - the how and why (Uriel)

what can i say. it's sad. I understand everyone wants to have paid for well done (I suppose - I haven't even seen Halo on my own eyes...) job, especially MS. But they have taken one step to far, what nearly every game producer, creator, designer, etc. know - good, strong community, 'supporting' the game is almost so important as the game itself is.
Matt, I know, you'll keep telling us that Halo WILL be coming PC/MAC, but to be honest, I think you don't know even the not exact date (not saying about end of porting Halo to PC, which makes me feel like saying - porting Windows to PC...). Bungie made (i'm sure) MS to promise that Halo will come to PC/MAC, but date is up to MS, and that in fact is like relase date set in... of course we can't know that...
What I was trying to say - Halo is good game for sure, it could be a milestone for games on PC. If (heh) it will be released on PC - great, worth seeing and playing. BUT. But that's not the same. In Bugies original PC release date - 2001 (before MS overtaking) Halo would made earth_QUAKE_ on PC, and now? When i'm asking people - did you ever heard about HALO? they answer - no, new movie?
Looking in to the future - Unreal 2, for example, that can be a barrier which will made Halo impossible to be one of the best PC games ever... sad...
I was waiting for H since first presentation on E3 and when I read that it WILL be on PC ("but i can't tell when"), when I can't read any news on porting at all I feel like PC only gamers are totally being ignored... whatever whoever will say now - I (we?) feel ignored...

(sorry for poor english... heh - it's late in Wroclaw,Poland and english is not a every day language in Poland ;)

Greets,
Gabrys

Message Index

Replies:

the death of a german community - the how and whyUriel 4/15/02 3:27 p.m.
     Re: the death of a german community - the how and Count Zero 4/15/02 6:20 p.m.
           Re: the death of a german community - the how andUriel 4/16/02 1:42 a.m.
                 Re: the death of a german community - the how andCount Zero 4/16/02 2:28 a.m.
     Re: the death of a german community - the how and Gabrys 4/15/02 6:27 p.m.
           Re: the death of a german community - the how andMatt 4/15/02 8:56 p.m.
                 Re: the death of a german community - the how andPatroclus 4/15/02 9:31 p.m.
                       Re: the death of a german community - the how andLouis Wu 4/15/02 9:41 p.m.
     Re: the death of a german community - the how and MacD 4/17/02 5:01 a.m.
           Re: the death of a german community - the how andLouis Wu 4/17/02 7:45 a.m.
           You have it wrong, methinks...Miguel Chavez 4/17/02 11:07 a.m.
                 Re: You have it wrong, methinks...Gabrys 4/17/02 12:00 p.m.
                       Re: You have it wrong, methinks...Miguel Chavez 4/17/02 1:34 p.m.
                             Re: You have it wrong, methinks...Gabrys 4/17/02 3:24 p.m.
                 Re: You have it wrong, methinks...MacD 4/18/02 2:33 a.m.
                       Re: You have it wrong, methinks...Gabrys 4/18/02 3:52 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.