Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Awesome.
Posted By: Allenthar <allenthar@mac.com>Date: 3/31/02 12:20 p.m.

In Response To: Re: BTW (Tarrsk)

That had to be one of the best days I've had in a *long* time.

I'll concur with most of the other people here that 16 player rockets-only is pure, unadulterated carnage. Probably the highlights of that match were: having vector complain that I was following him, and the sheer stupidity of the people trying to get to one of the warthogs sitting near the carnage. Suprisingly enough( well, maybe not suprising, considering his "leet" skills. . .) Psyrixx managed to get in the drivers seat and run over about 5 unwary people before having the warthog blown sky high by three rockets at once. It was also eerily silent if you made it to the center of the map without being blown into itty-bitty pieces.

CTF on Blood Gulch was incredible, with fully loaded hogs regularly duking it out in the middle of the map. After warming up, both teams showed an amazing amount of teamwork in covering their flag carrier and positively *flooding* the flag rooms with shotgun fire. Probably the biggest incentive towards teamwork in the CTF matches was Rico's rule that a flag carrier could not drive a vehicle, but that he had to be carried back to base by a team member. That rule alone made for some amazing coordinated assaults.

The massive all-vehicles CTF match on Sidewinder shifted from everyone trying to get the vehicles into the enemy's base to protracted combat in the tunnels between the two bases. By the end of the match all the vehicles were piled at the bend in the middle of the map with snipers like me and Germanator pegging anyone who managed to get into them. Definite kudos to Germanator for positively owning blue team's end of the map with his Sniper Rifle of Doom from the the blue base sniper roost.

Thanks to all who came and especially Rico, for getting that great room at the Hilton Towers, and Bungie, for the exceedingly awesome T-shirts!

Allenthar

Message Index

Replies:

Battle of the Bay RockedPsyrixx 3/31/02 1:54 a.m.
     It sure did.Appleicious 3/31/02 3:33 a.m.
           BTWAppleicious 3/31/02 4:01 a.m.
                 Re: BTWTarrsk 3/31/02 6:18 a.m.
                       Awesome.Allenthar 3/31/02 12:20 p.m.
                             ehehehPsyrixx 3/31/02 4:56 p.m.
                       Re: BTWNatas 4/3/02 11:34 p.m.
                             Battle of the Bay 2 (Summer 2002)Natas 4/3/02 11:46 p.m.
     Re: Battle of the Bay Rockedvector40 3/31/02 5:13 p.m.
           Re: Battle of the Bay Rockedvector40 3/31/02 5:23 p.m.
           Re: Zappa-doodle-dooTarrsk 3/31/02 6:19 p.m.
           Re: Battle of the Bay RockedPsyrixx 3/31/02 7:14 p.m.
           Re: Battle of the Bay RockedAllenthar 3/31/02 8:14 p.m.
                 Re: Battle of the Bay Rockedvector40 3/31/02 8:52 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.