Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: wow!! Thanx for thinking for me ;-)
Posted By: Leigh <psyc@btinternet.com>Date: 3/22/02 2:37 p.m.

In Response To: Re: wow!! Thanx for thinking for me ;-) (emildlux)

An excellent point. Yet read this from the same link:

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=sentient

sentient

\Sen"ti*ent\, a. L. sentiens, -entis, p. pr. of sentire to discern or perceive by the senses. Having a faculty, or faculties, of sensation and perception. Specif. (Physiol.), especially sensitive; as, the sentient extremities of nerves, which terminate in the various organs or tissues.

So in theory, if Halo had been used (which GS 343 implies), all life within its weapon radius (with sufficient biomass) will have been destroyed, including primates (or anything with organs and tissues large enough). This fact would take Earth out of the "blast" range equation (as Djoey.154 speculates).
The forerunners could still have seeded their DNA outside, away from Halo. Could this of been done by a lone Forerunner? One of the species could of survived, and then seeded genetic details into humans because they could'nt reproduce sexually? Just a thought, as its lifes overriding instinct to reproduce. What you think?

Message Index

Replies:

Forerunner & Saint John the BaptistLeigh 3/22/02 5:21 a.m.
     wow!! Thanx for thinking for me ;-)Djoey.154 3/22/02 5:33 a.m.
           Re: wow!! Thanx for thinking for me ;-)emildlux 3/22/02 8:26 a.m.
                 Re: wow!! Thanx for thinking for me ;-)Djoey.154 3/22/02 9:58 a.m.
                 Re: wow!! Thanx for thinking for me ;-)Leigh 3/22/02 2:37 p.m.
                       Re: wow!! Thanx for thinking for me ;-)emildlux 3/22/02 5:49 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.