Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Uninspired Youth
Posted By: Aaron <aaron_suhr@yahoo.com>Date: 2/5/02 2:00 p.m.

In Response To: STAR WARS SUCKS!!!!!:--( God I'm Pissed (ben ranum)

: STAR WARS AND JURRASIC PARK SUCKS . THE FORCE AND THE JEDI ARE GAY

You know, I really had no idea what you were all fired up about until you said you were 16 years old... Then it kind of made sense.

Let me break it down for you, junior.

First off, let me just let Jurassic Park go. No one mentioned it, and I have no idea what it has to do with anything relating to this string of posts.

Now Star Wars - Here you're just talking out of your ass. For those of us who were ACTUALLY ALIVE when Star Wars first came out, we experienced much more than just some sci-fi movie. It was a PHENOMENON - a grand, epic, "space opera," as it's been called. It quickly became a part of American Pop Culture, just like baseball and apple pie, and quickly spread THROUGHOUT THE WORLD. It opened our imaginations, and served as inspiration for so many things that followed. In fact, if you interviewed the entire Bungie staff, I would be shocked if there was a single member that WASN'T a Star Wars fan.

Growing up with the original trilogy (Phantom Menace doesn't apply), EVERYONE was into Star Wars. It's what we played in the backyard with our treebranch "lightsabers," what we filled our toyboxes with, what was on our lunchboxes, and to this day (as you have seen here), it's what is STILL quoted in eveyday conversation! It's so much a part of our culture that people actually KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT when you quote from a Star Wars film - and it somehow makes us feel closer having something in common, even among complete strangers.

Now, you can analyze all of the political/social/religious undertones all you want, and curse Lucas as the antichrist, but ranting and raving like some streetcorner crackhead will earn you and your "opinions" no respect.

I may not be a firm believer in ALL that Star Wars represents, but it is a part of me just as it is a part of my generation... Which, by the way, also happens to be the original hard-core gamer generation. (hint: I'm 28)

"I find your lack of faith DISTURBING..."

Message Index

Replies:

Warhog jump movieJustin 2/4/02 6:33 p.m.
     word *NM*Red Hot Ryan 2/4/02 6:52 p.m.
     The force is strong with this one. *NM*Aaron 2/4/02 7:33 p.m.
           STAR WARS SUCKS!!!!!:--( God I'm Pissedben ranum 2/4/02 9:26 p.m.
                 A mind is a terrible thing... *NM*SpudBoy 2/4/02 10:56 p.m.
                       A waste is a terrible thing to mind... *NM*vector40 2/5/02 12:22 a.m.
                             Re: lolObi-Wan 2/5/02 10:19 a.m.
                 Re: STAR WARS SUCKS!!!!!:--( God I'm PissedRuzhyo 2/5/02 12:55 p.m.
                       Re: STAR WARS SUCKS!!!!!:--( God I'm PissedDouglas 2/5/02 8:09 p.m.
                             Re: STAR WARS SUCKS!!!!!:--( God I'm PissedDouglas 2/5/02 8:11 p.m.
                                   After some time to think...ben ranum 2/5/02 8:54 p.m.
                                         Re: Actually i kinda agree (OT)Douglas 2/6/02 12:12 a.m.
                 Uninspired YouthAaron 2/5/02 2:00 p.m.
                       Re: Uninspired YouthLouis Wu 2/5/02 3:45 p.m.
                             Re: Uninspired YouthAaron 2/5/02 4:27 p.m.
                                   Re: Uninspired YouthLouis Wu 2/5/02 4:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Uninspired YouthAaron 2/5/02 7:57 p.m.
                                               Re: Uninspired YouthLouis Wu 2/5/02 8:19 p.m.
                             Re: Uninformed YouthLophan 2/6/02 7:22 a.m.
                       Re: "This bickering is pointless..."Lophan 2/6/02 7:19 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.