Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo 3 Trick/Glitch - "The Island" (Remastered
Posted By: The SuperWaffle <patrickryker@gmail.com>Date: 1/1/13 12:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo 3 Trick/Glitch - "The Island" (Remastered (gamerguy2002)

: Thanks for the interesting video.

: Can I ask, and this goes out to all of you Halo CE/A/2/3/4/ODST/Reach
: tricksters out there, whats the process of going about finding these?! are
: you guys given tips by the developers? or is it just a drive to see
: something like "I want to see if I can get on that Island"?

: I'm really curious to know how you guys do this because videos like these are
: just soo elaborate.

I guess I should give the Island as an example. What we do for an unexplorable area kind of trick is to come up with an idea, try it, and see what happens. Most of the time the first idea doesn't work. So we see whats wrong, and try to build apon it. For examples one of the first ideas we had for the island was to just spawn past the barrier. Pretty stupid right? But it was about 4 years ago. So once that doesnt work, we see what the problem is. "The barrier is too think for us to get out." we say. We look around for something to get us out. Bam! The camping stools explode and explode at the same time. That should be enough force to take you out of the map. NICE! the island is in sight! But wait, what? We died? Why did we die!? Well lets try to assess the situation. The death barrier is a transparent death, not instant death. So it must move. So we figured we had to find someway to load the next area to "move" the death barrier while being able to access the original area. We got pretty lucky with that spot and bungie having a brainfart, but what that does is move the death barrier. AWESOME! the island is in sight and it's not a death barrier. But wait... There is a whole ocean between us and the island. We need a small launch to get there. Well just gernades wont do it, so what do we do? Oh! How about the camping stools? But how are you suppose to bring a camping stool outside the map when you can bearly touch it? What about a bubble? We cover the camping stools with it so they wont explode while the box isnt covered so the box can launch the stools out without them exploding. And bam, that was my exact thought process.

It really is some complicated stuff. But no, Bungie doesnt give us hints. I wish! But the only time I have ever talked to an employee about tricking was when Evil Otto contacted me after doing the tram and said he "Never expected for anyone to find that". Or something like that. Made me pretty happy.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 3 Trick/Glitch - "The Island" (Remastered)The SuperWaffle 12/31/12 7:24 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 Trick/Glitch - "The Island" (RemasteredLouis Wu 1/1/13 8:56 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3 Trick/Glitch - "The Island" (Remasteredgamerguy2002 1/1/13 11:17 a.m.
                 Re: Halo 3 Trick/Glitch - "The Island" (RemasteredThe SuperWaffle 1/1/13 12:27 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 3 Trick/Glitch - "The Island" (Remasteredgamerguy2002 1/1/13 1:11 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 3 Trick/Glitch - "The Island" (RemasteredThe SuperWaffle 1/1/13 1:31 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3 Trick/Glitch - "The Island" (RemasteredThe SuperWaffle 1/1/13 12:15 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.