Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: my E3 opinion on PromoVision
Posted By: nillapuddinDate: 7/16/12 2:42 p.m.

In Response To: Re: my E3 opinion on PromoVision (Chris101b)

: While radar gives you an approximate location, you don't know if the other
: player is jumping, crouching, what weapon he has... a lot of info that
: could turn the tides in his favor if you didn't know. If you were in a
: situation in which a guy on the other team had a rocket launcher around
: the corner from you and his plan was to jump around the corner to get a
: good angle on you and kill you. If you use Promethean vision, you would
: know that he had the rocket launcher and would be able to back off. Also,
: as soon as you saw him jump you would be able to start shooting him ahead
: of time and possible jump as well to avoid the blast.

If he was crouching w/rockets, and you were close enough for him to see you radar, I dont think PV is going to save you in a manner that would define the ability as "overpowered"

more times than not, if you within radar range around a corner, nearly any player could get you with rockets

Your best option is knowledge, which will lead you to run the f' away. if PV gives you that then fine, but it did not directly affect the 1v1 encounter, it created a 1vWheredidthatguygo encounter, which I am perfectly okay with

: So that is one of the main reasons people use it so often right now. It can
: be used long distances and it allows you to put shots on someone before
: you would have even seen them otherwise, thus giving you the advantage.

This is where I disagree, you could prepare to shoot them first, but you cannot shoot them before they can shoot you, not to mention if they have PV also, they might be preparing for you at the same time

The point is, it is not throwing a monkey wrench into the sandbox (ala armor lock, I dont believe it is overpowered, which was the point of my post)

Say you set up and are waiting for me from long range like in your given scenario, you get the first shot off because my attention is elsewhere, I can now Hardlight shield to hold off your attack and get my bearings, either plan an attack or find more substantial cover, Thruster pack myself backwards into the corner I left, or even Hologram to add a mix of confusion to your long ranged attack.

it isnt Rock Scissors Scissors

My position was not that PV isnt a very effective tool, it was that it was not overpowered, and you are not losing the world if you play without it

Lets just be thankful that Halo is a game in which the player with the first shot doesnt always win, if there was a 1 second kill time like in COD, PV would be devastatingly powerful

If it works in Blacklight, which has a Battlefield-y amount of kill times and weapons, I think it would transition just fine into a longer Time To Kill in Halo

Message Index

Replies:

343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPTex 7/16/12 1:11 p.m.
     *VID* *NM*Tex 7/16/12 1:13 p.m.
           my E3 opinion on PromoVisionnillapuddin 7/16/12 1:42 p.m.
                 Re: my E3 opinion on PromoVisionChris101b 7/16/12 1:55 p.m.
                       Re: my E3 opinion on PromoVisionnillapuddin 7/16/12 2:42 p.m.
                       tl;drnillapuddin 7/16/12 2:48 p.m.
                             Re: tl;drChris101b 7/16/12 5:27 p.m.
                                   Re: tl;drnillapuddin 7/16/12 5:48 p.m.
     Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPChrisTheeCrappy 7/16/12 4:44 p.m.
           Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPTex 7/16/12 5:40 p.m.
                 Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPChrisTheeCrappy 7/16/12 5:47 p.m.
                       Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPTex 7/16/12 5:50 p.m.
                             Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPChrisTheeCrappy 7/16/12 6:15 p.m.
                             Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPDEEP NNN 7/16/12 8:14 p.m.
     Game 3 FTWDomino Theory 7/17/12 12:04 a.m.
           Re: Game 3 FTWTex 7/17/12 2:56 p.m.
           Speaking of Game 3Tex 7/17/12 4:06 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.