Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

my E3 opinion on PromoVision
Posted By: nillapuddinDate: 7/16/12 1:42 p.m.

In Response To: *VID* *NM* (Tex)

For anyone who has watched videos involving "Bravo" I appreciate his coverage but man am I sick of hearing about how over powered promethean vision is

Im not sure if Im the only one, or if its because I recently started playing Blacklight Retribution (which has a similar system) but it just doesnt seem that fierce to me

Bravo is a talented player as seen in the videos, in the first game his reliance (and many other players in footage so far) on PV is crazy to me, it justs to much, I understand the pro's of it, and it is a very telling ability to survey the battlefield, but I am going to hop on the ship of "radar can effectively do the same thing"

I was glad to see his gameplay in the second match not entirely take place in PV, but at the same time Im not sure he was using his motion tracker to the best of his abilities either, Im in no way insulting his gameplay talents, but atleast from my perspective I do think the lack of familiarity with the radar is what is making PV so widely used this early on.

Because of so many of the players either being completely inexperienced in Halo, or being MLG players (who play without radar)

so PV lets them see the battlefield in a way they never have before, perfectly reasonable to take advantage of that

As someone who has played Halo since day 1 the motion tracker is such an integral part of my gameplay experience I cant help but notice how little attention these PV using players are giving their Radar, which affirms me in my position that a talented player can take advantage of what is already there and use a different ability to supplement their play style with more or equal success to a player using PV

I have no problem with PV and I will be interested to see how the nerfing goes

hopefully some of yall see that the same way

Message Index

Replies:

343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPTex 7/16/12 1:11 p.m.
     *VID* *NM*Tex 7/16/12 1:13 p.m.
           my E3 opinion on PromoVisionnillapuddin 7/16/12 1:42 p.m.
                 Re: my E3 opinion on PromoVisionChris101b 7/16/12 1:55 p.m.
                       Re: my E3 opinion on PromoVisionnillapuddin 7/16/12 2:42 p.m.
                       tl;drnillapuddin 7/16/12 2:48 p.m.
                             Re: tl;drChris101b 7/16/12 5:27 p.m.
                                   Re: tl;drnillapuddin 7/16/12 5:48 p.m.
     Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPChrisTheeCrappy 7/16/12 4:44 p.m.
           Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPTex 7/16/12 5:40 p.m.
                 Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPChrisTheeCrappy 7/16/12 5:47 p.m.
                       Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPTex 7/16/12 5:50 p.m.
                             Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPChrisTheeCrappy 7/16/12 6:15 p.m.
                             Re: 343 vs. Community at SDCC H4 VIPDEEP NNN 7/16/12 8:14 p.m.
     Game 3 FTWDomino Theory 7/17/12 12:04 a.m.
           Re: Game 3 FTWTex 7/17/12 2:56 p.m.
           Speaking of Game 3Tex 7/17/12 4:06 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.