Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Marine Blasting on The Silent Cartographer
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 6/27/12 2:41 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Marine Blasting on The Silent Cartographer (PerseusSpartacus)

: No, I wasn't. How'd you guess? ;)

Otherwise you surely would've linked to it, as it's the key idea.

: True. Very true. Still, their shots are less powerful on Easy, so one mess up
: on that level won't ruin your set-up, whereas you have to be very careful
: on Normal not to get smacked or shot by a Hunter.

I'd say that's overstated, as taking a whack or blast on Normal isn't lethal.

: Yeah, but where's the fun in that?

It's just a possibility - a simpler way of doing things if you like. Killing the Hunter in a way which will send him flying on release could be seen as an option for added spectacle. Another option there would be to kill him with rocketing. One rocket, maybe two or even three. As long as he lands underneath the Marines before the plasmas go off, that'll be fine and his trajectory could make things all the more amusing.

: Doesn't the gold Elite only appear after you've already triggered the map
: room? If so, then he's pretty much useless, for various reasons.

I'm not so sure he'd be useless. Let's suppose the Hunter's still in his chamber, or at least hasn't yet been taken up past the loading point yet. You'd bypass the Hunter, lead the gold out and into position and kill him, then go back for the Hunter to finish the set-up. Except, is the game on a countdown once the Pelican has arrived, and thus you'd have a time constraint? I forget.

: Yes, but there is the checkpoint problem which would prevent repeat blasting.

Not prevent it, but yes, as far as I'm aware you'd have to spend time fetching and applying those additional plasmas each time you want to launch. That's why it's desirable for your plasma sources to be relatively close. With that in mind, it's possible that some other place could make a handier launching area if it's massive launches you're interested in.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

Marine Blasting on The Silent CartographerPerseusSpartacus 6/26/12 4:12 p.m.
     Re: Marine Blasting on The Silent CartographerRockslider 6/26/12 6:38 p.m.
           Re: Marine Blasting on The Silent CartographerPerseusSpartacus 6/26/12 7:32 p.m.
                 Re: Marine Blasting on The Silent CartographerRockslider 6/27/12 2:41 a.m.
                       Re: Marine Blasting on The Silent CartographerPerseusSpartacus 6/27/12 6:04 p.m.
                             Re: Marine Blasting on The Silent CartographerRockslider 6/28/12 12:32 a.m.
                                   Re: Marine Blasting on The Silent CartographerPerseusSpartacus 6/28/12 9:33 p.m.
                                         Re: Marine Blasting on The Silent CartographerRockslider 6/29/12 3:38 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.