Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 4/7/12 10:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4 (Schooly D)

: Competitive Halo games can revolve around power weapons, both before
: (controlling the spawn) and after (executing with the weapon) they
: actually spawn. I'm not looking forward to losing a close game because the
: game decided to randomly spawn the Sniper Rifle close to the enemy team
: for the last few kills.

I'm not looking forward to you blowing my digital brains out from across the map literally* hundreds of times if and when we play together again because you know exactly where all the sniper rifle spawns are at and exactly when one will appear and thus always have one. I'm not saying random power weapon spawns are the answer, it sounds less than great to me, but it's not as flawless as you might think.
(The unasked questions here that are likely to quickly become asked questions are a) "Why did you play with him then?" and b) "What are you, some kind of wuss who can't take a few deaths?". The answers are a) because other factors outweigh that and not every map and gametype has a sniper rifle and b) I'm fine with a few deaths or a few dozen, but when it gets to where most of my deaths are from the same person using the same weapon and I hardly ever kill that person, it starts feeling less like virtual combat and more like a game of whack-a-mole where I'm the mole, and I don't find that very fun.)

* many times it's been several dozen in one game and well over 100 in a night, and I'm pretty sure it's gotten to 200 at least once, which would qualify as "hundreds", and indeed I've seen him get close to 200 spread out over a team just in one game

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4RC Master 4/7/12 12:59 p.m.
     Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4kanbo 4/7/12 1:09 p.m.
     Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4DEEP NNN 4/7/12 1:44 p.m.
           Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4Dervish 4/7/12 2:06 p.m.
     Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4Apirishin 4/7/12 2:11 p.m.
           Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4NsU Soldier 4/7/12 2:23 p.m.
     Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4Cody Miller 4/7/12 2:17 p.m.
           Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4DEEP NNN 4/7/12 3:05 p.m.
           Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4RC Master 4/7/12 4:40 p.m.
                 Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4DEEP NNN 4/7/12 5:18 p.m.
                       Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4General Vagueness 4/7/12 10:11 p.m.
                             Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4DEEP NNN 4/8/12 9:03 a.m.
                                   Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4DEEP NNN 4/8/12 9:05 a.m.
     Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4o0MrCheesy0o 4/7/12 4:52 p.m.
           Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4NicVsP 4/7/12 5:34 p.m.
     Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4Schooly D 4/7/12 5:21 p.m.
           Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4RC Master 4/7/12 7:00 p.m.
           Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4General Vagueness 4/7/12 10:27 p.m.
                 Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4Chris101b 4/8/12 12:44 p.m.
                       Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4General Vagueness 4/8/12 7:19 p.m.
     Re: 'Random' power weapon drops in Halo 4Train Dodger 4/8/12 6:02 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.