Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

@FrankenStanklez_ManGuy (PC roolz!)
Posted By: The Lionheart <angeliclionheart@hotmail.com>Date: 3/27/12 9:33 p.m.

In Response To: Re: *Cough*PC*cough* (Frankie)

: I concur.

I bet you do, lol. ;p

As far as the PC-console thing goes, I think the aforementioned are all valid points. It's just not as easy to be social with a PC; not as convenient. Sorry to hear your desk setup was so uncomfortable. I hope that your current desk situation is far more... Skyrim-friendly, shall we say? lol.

I still stick with my PC as my primary gaming platform because of the increased quality of experience I get, but that increased experience DOES require particular equipment in order for me to really be able to claim that there is a significant gap between experiences.

For example, my 120Hz display which accepts a True 120Hz signal over my Dual-Link DVI cable. SO much easier on my eyes than 60Hz. If OLED displays arrive this year that display true 120Hz 1080P, then I may have to rethink my position on how I visually interface with my PC, but I still won't make the switch to console as my PRIMARY single-player gaming interface. I own Mass Effect 3 on both PC and console, and I enjoy the visual and auditory experience of the game leagues and leagues more on my PC than I do on my 360, even though my 360 is hooked up to a megasweet 60Hz LCD display.

And if I tired of using my mouse and keyboard, I can use my nifty Microsoft Wired 360 Controller to get that laid-back, relaxed control approach (I'm using Windows 7, so no driver installs needed, just plug it in and start playing).

The couch thing is another story. I love playing my 360 sitting in my living room in my nice comfy chair (or couch), and I wish that I currently owned something to make my mouse-using experience as comfortable.

I love the convenience of the 360 controller, but I cannot stand the loss of accuracy. I am a headhunter on PC, with comparatively fast "scalpings a la boolett," but on the console, it's just not the same measure of control over that reticule; to compare: my thumb via an analog stick, or my entire hand/wrist/forearm via a high-precision camera (optical mouse).

I look forward to the control devices of the near future (the ones BEFORE they perfect the rifle peripheral that utilizes surround-sight cameras and a head-mounted display with head-tracking); hopefully they come out with a companion to the mouse that allows analog movement of your character via your thumb (like your left hand on the 360 controller, so that WASD dies a horrible death) and a ton of keys/buttons/triggers/levers/etc for your fingers on your left hand to have access to. Kind of like if the left side of your 360 controller and a Logitech G13 Gamepad had a baby. If you combine that with great button placement on the mouse, a la the Logitech MX1000 mouse, then I have a hard time imagining a more comfortable, convenient, accurate, and replete control setup.

I also really, really dislike having to wait 6+ years (Yes, it's been that long, Xbox 360) for a hardware upgrade when graphics technology moves so fast and gets better so quickly. Crysis 1 came out over 4 years ago, but graphics on the bleeding-edge games on consoles now still pale in comparison in many areas (though not all, for sure). I'm really hoping that the next Xbox takes advantage of a graphics solution that is an analogue in power and features to the upcoming nVidia GK110-chip-based card with a 512-bit memory interface, because if not then that makes me sad; the Halo universe is one of those universes that could really make bleeding-edge graphics tech shine.

By the by, my friend, your name came up at work tonight because my newly hired co-worker's husband's name is Frankie and she mentions him often. I told her why that makes me grin and think about Halo stuff whenever she says it, like some kind of Pavlov's Dog. :P Hope life is swell over there in the Pacific Northwest. Sure wish I was over there this summer instead of down here near Savannah. Ugh. (Death by humidity.)

Message Index

Replies:

Xbox isn't just for Halo anymore...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/27/12 6:50 a.m.
     Re: Xbox isn't just for Halo anymore...ElzarTheBam 3/27/12 8:04 a.m.
           *Cough*PC*cough* *NM*Nikko B201 3/27/12 8:12 a.m.
                 Re: *Cough*PC*cough*ElzarTheBam 3/27/12 8:47 a.m.
                       Re: *Cough*PC*cough*Frankie 3/27/12 10:33 a.m.
                             Re: *Cough*PC*cough*Revenant1988 3/27/12 10:56 a.m.
                                   Re: *Cough*PC*cough*Frankie 3/27/12 11:06 a.m.
                                         @FrankenStanklez_ManGuy (PC roolz!)The Lionheart 3/27/12 9:33 p.m.
                             Re: *Cough*PC*cough*Quirel 3/27/12 5:19 p.m.
                                   I'll draw you a Spartan if you do it *NM*Nikko B201 3/28/12 4:45 p.m.
           Re: Xbox isn't just for Halo anymore...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/27/12 11:18 a.m.
                 Re: Xbox isn't just for Halo anymore...cheapLEY 3/27/12 2:42 p.m.
                       Re: Xbox isn't just for Halo anymore...bluerunner 3/27/12 2:57 p.m.
                 Re: Xbox isn't just for Halo anymore...Gravemind 3/27/12 4:05 p.m.
                       Re: Xbox isn't just for Halo anymore...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/28/12 6:20 a.m.
     Still haven't had the opportunity for that...ZackDark 3/27/12 8:16 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.