Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I just don't understand it...
Posted By: SEspiderDate: 2/4/12 3:11 p.m.

In Response To: In which we calmly show support for the API (FyreWulff)

A good portion of 343i's staff came from Bungie and the rest pretty much begged to be on the team because of their love for Halo, it's stories, and it's MP tools. How could they possible think removing the API and other features are a good thing? The API is clearly the most important part of Halo's MP experiance and that's why I don't understand their decisions.

Why create a new company dedicated solely to Halo and keeping it going but not include the key features that made it what it so popular? I've never been able to afford Bungie Pro, and am glad to hear the FileShare is staying and increased in size. But I'll be very upset to hear I paied for a service only to find out shortly afterwards that it'll be free. Are those subscribers getting a refund, an update, or what?

The Rendered Films and Screenshots greatly turned the game industry around. Forza has it becaquse of Halo (I think) and these "little" features are what made Forge & MP so popular today. I may be wrong but I believe 90% of Halo's gamers have no way of capturing their games/creations outside of Rendered Films and Screenshots. I know I don't. And if it wasn't for great Community Members like RC Master and others, I'd lever get my films rendered. I created a number of screen shots from this past Friday's Community Customs only to get online today and find ALL of my Halo info missing from Bungie.net No Fileshare, No Recent Screenshots, No States, and No Rendered Films. Wouldn't be a issue if there were all on Waypoint, they aren't. Now gamers like myself and Hedgemony have to find gamers like MixMaker1 and convince them to render films for us. But even gamers like MixMaker1 (MM1) are sufferering due to this change. MM1 will now get bombarded with request and demand that he can't live up to. For gamers like him to render films, he must watch and record them all at once. That takes a lot of time and resources that he just doesn't have. And most of us can't afford to pay him no matter how badly we wish we could.

The lose of Rendered films and Screenshots features are what have me worried the most. As stated, gamers like HaloCharts will/can find other ways to get the stats. and Waypoint does have some stats to get us started. But it's shows like Last Forger Standing, This Spartan Life, and others that are going to suffer. Because it's close to home, lets use Last Forger Standing for this sample. Pete relies heavily on the Film feature for his show. And the contestants rely heavily on the screenshots feature. We're one episode way from completion of the contests/challenge. It's been a blast and the shows have been very fun to watch and even more informative to Forgers then most Forge/Halo shows I've seen. But at this point it looks like Pete is either going to have to find someone to watch and capture the films from his FileShare or the last episode will end up as only text/audio. No screenshots or film at all. I don't even want to think about it but it's a reality we may face. Most people may never get to see Joony Joon's and my maps. Which are going to be BIGGER and more detailed! And the maps aren't even due for another 2 weeks!

I thought 343i were waiting til March to stop Render Films and Screenshots. But they're already gone on Bungie.net! PLEASE STOP LIEING TO US 343i!!!

Website

Message Index

Replies:

In which we calmly show support for the APIFyreWulff 2/4/12 6:16 a.m.
     Re: In which we calmly show support for the APIdavidfuchs 2/4/12 7:21 a.m.
     Re: In which we calmly show support for the APILouis Wu 2/4/12 11:25 a.m.
     I just don't understand it...SEspider 2/4/12 3:11 p.m.
           Re: I just don't understand it...JDQuackers 2/4/12 4:34 p.m.
           Re: I just don't understand it...pete_the_duck 2/4/12 4:49 p.m.
                 In-Game File BrowserHoovaloov 2/4/12 6:02 p.m.
                 AgreedSEspider 2/4/12 6:04 p.m.
           Re: I just don't understand it...Leviathan 2/5/12 11:15 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.